Chapter 5

"By the next class period I want you to come up with 2 similarities and 2 differences between the Starlight and Moonlight packs," Rhett states while everyone starts packing up.

"Keels what are you doing we have class," I say while giving her the look.

"Oh, right?" she nervously replies while taking her laptop back out.

"There is not another class in this hall until 2:00," Pierson intervenes while standing up.

"Yes, and we are in that class," I lie.

"So, you sit in here for 3 hours," he retorts.

"We do," Keels confidently answers finally getting the hint.

"You sure are something Kaydence, the class at 2:00 is another section of history," Thomas cuts in.

"Thomas you aren't in this conversation," I shout at him while standing up.

"Kaydence let's go," Pierson demands while grabbing my arm.

"Don't touch me," I push at Pierson and realize he has grabbed my backpack and slung it on his shoulder. My phone and laptop are no longer on the desk.

"Can I be of assistance?" Rhett asks while walking up the stairs. Everyone else has cleared out of the hall.

"Yes, please bring the Jeep around," Pierson replies while handing him the fob.

I turn away from Pierson and back to Keelie, Adriana, and Thomas. Adriana has tears in her eyes when she looks at me.

She shakes her head at me. I know what she's trying to communicate so I nod at her. She's thinking of last resort, the hidden chapters of Evan's Escape.

Thomas gives her a questioning look but she just grabs her backpack and walks away. Thomas looks over my shoulder, nods, and then follows after her.

"Kaydence, I know you don't want to accept me as your mate, but I need you to come with me," Pierson demands while wrapping an arm me and gently pulling me backwards.

"Wait here for them," I tell Keelie. She nods. She still hasn't moved from her seat. I see the fear in her eyes so I look away.

"Love you Keels," I barely whisper before following Pierson out.

I faintly hear her, "love you long time," as I ascend the stairs.

He tries to grab my hand but I jolt away from him.

"I'm willingly following you. Don't touch me," I demand. He holds the door open for me and that's when I take my first chance at running. I dash to the left and round the corner through a sea of students.

I race down the hall and out the backdoors of the building.

Before I can cross the street two strong arms cage me in and lift me off the sidewalk.

"PUT ME DOWN! HELP," I scream.

A few students look our way freeze at the sight of us.

Before I can process, I am being set into a massive jeep and harnessed in.

What the hell kind of seatbelt is this?

I pull at the straps trying to make sense of it.

Pierson gets in the jeep and takes off down the road. I let me hands fall to my sides in defeat.

"Don't do that again," he growls.

"What, use my free will?" I shout. I take some calming breaths, remember the program. Remember your training. I haven't even known Pierson for an hour and he has my blood boiling like no one has ever before.