chapter 42.

I had always loved Italy

I had always loved Italy. I had always felt a special connection towards the connection.

I loved the people, the culture, the food.

I've had a lot of great times and experiences in Italy. And now they would be multiple due to the family that I find myself being bonded to for life.

" Don't worry, Rhea," Tati's soft voice pulls me out of my train of thought as I compose my tenth text to Carmen asking her to check on my father for me.

I even went as far as texting that asshole Zach but he was being a dick face , per usual, and ignoring my messages.

I was going to shove my foot so far up his ass that he would choke on it as it came out of the other end the next time I saw him...

and I would do it with Louboutins for that extra dazzle dazzle.

" I'm sorry," I sighed, pressing send and setting my phone down beside me as I lowered my shades and let the hot Sciclian sun beam down on me as we sunbathed.

It was so hot to the point where I had to pull out the bikini despite the fact of looking like a whale that washed up on the beach.

I had made the mistake of speaking that thought aloud and got a long lecture from Anthonie about how I was the hottest milf alive and that he was severely disappointed to hear those words come from my mouth.

Even if it was a joke.

He could be quite sensitive sometimes.

My hands rested on my stomach as I stared up at the sky and hoped to God that my father was okay because if he wasn't, I would rain hellfire on whoever fucked with my family. Just the mere thought of someone hurting him had me clenching my fist so hard that my nails dug into my skin and drew blood.

Shit.

Swinging my legs around the lounge chair, Tati and Karma were immediately by my side helping me up.

" I miss being pregnant already," Natalia sighs as I am now standing on my own two feet. " Nobody wants to be as helpful until you're growing a full blown human in your belly. Or in my case... two."

" You better not let Gianni hear you say that," Maria warns."You know they take after their father when it comes to procreation."

I snorted as I pulled on my pants, leaving them unbuttoned and unzipped.

Maria had a point. It didn't take long for Anthonie to get me pregnant, albeit we weren't necessarily taking the proper precautions. On the other hand, our baby was conceived on the first night.

In theory, they had to have super sperm.

What other possible explanation could there be.

I grabbed the empty glass beside me, held it with the hand that was not bloody and walked towards the back entrance of the house. Upon entering the house I made a beeline for the kitchen.