chapter 20.

Anthonie De'luca

Anthonie De'luca

Rhea had been ignoring all my calls over the last two days. I knew that I hadn't done or said anything to upset her, so I was confused as to way I was receiving the cold shoulder.

I stood out side of her apartment door and knocked on it, pausing between pounding and knocking until she opened the door.

I frowned once I noticed that her eyes were puffy and red. I know damn well that I hadn't done anything to make her cry so why was she crying ?

"What's wrong?" I ask pushing my way inside.

"What's wrong?" She scuffs as she slams the door shut."What's wrong is that I was stupid enough to believe that you and I ere ever going to work out."

"Woah, woah," I hold my hands out for her as she backs away. "What are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about?" She repeats my question lowly as she turns around picks up a magazine. "This." She slams the glossy paper on to my chest."Is what the fuck i'm talking about."

I take the magazine out of her grasp and turn it over to see a picture of me helping Eva into an SUV from the other night.

"Nothing happened, Rhea." I said moving to grab her but she backed away." Did you sleep with her?" She sniffles as she stares me down. Her face was blotchy indicating that she hadn't stopped crying for a while.

"Do you think I would fucking be here right now if I slept with someone else, Rhea?" I questioned, feeling a little low that she would think I would do that to her.

"That's not answering the question." Her hand runs through her waves as she bites her bottom lip. "Did. you. sleep. with. her?" She repeats, this time her words were gritted out slowly as if she were talking to a small child.

"For fucks sake, Rhea." I turn around running a hand through my hair.

"Can you just answer the question please?" Her voice cracked as she begged me.

I shouldn't have to answer the question— She should already know that I would never do that to her.

I turned around noticing her eyes pooling up with fresh tears. I felt like shit for being the reason behind those tears.

"I didn't sleep with her." Tears streamed down her face as I approached her.

This is why my family hated the tabloids— they turned nothing into something. All I was doing was helping a drunk girl into a fucking car.