Welcome to the Fortune Cup

Hello fellow readers! It is I, the Author~! Just dropping some info for the story ahead of time. In the original show, it displays the "Fortune Eight" (as seen above). For this book however, I am going to change it so there's just a tiny bit more people. Why? Because I have my reasons. I hope you all enjoy the arc. Also, a head's up. I am doing research into the decks of the opponent's that you will face. That and work has been busy. I will try to update regularly so please don't be mad if some chapters take a bit longer than normal. Hope you all enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------------

[3rd POV]

It was the day of the highly anticipated Fortune Cup. Thousands of fans and spectators made their way into the Kaiba Dome eager for the duels that would soon ensue. Those who couldn't come or afford the tickets ahead of time stayed home to watch from the comfort of the television. Meanwhile, all the participants for the tournament were inside waiting to be called up for the introductory ceremony. Yusei and the others were talking amongst themselves, except for (Y/N). He long since tuned out their conversation focused on his thoughts on the information he gained last night. That, and the little talk he had with Akiza last night in the dreamscape.

----- Last night -----

[(Y/N)'s POV]

By the time we got back to the Tops. The sun had already set halfway under the horizon. The sky was a deep orange hue, but that wasn't my immediate focus. I was worried about to twins. Dexter seemed to have gotten over the shock quicker than the twins and was already picked up by someone to take him home. I gave the twins the remote to the television and told them to watch whatever they wanted while I ordered some dinner. I would have made something if not for the fact that I needed to talk to the both of them about the marks me and Yusei have.

(Y/N): "Leo... Luna..."

Leo/Luna: "Yeah?"

(Y/N): "Do you know something about these marks?"

The both of them went dead silent. I peered over to see that they both were looking at each other worried about how to answer. I could sense that Luna was especially worried. I came over to where they were sitting on the couch taking residence on the chair. They both looked at me wondering what to do. Luna looked over to Leo looking for an answer. Her brother simply nodded his head making Luna take a deep breath. Luna pulled back the sleeve on her right arm showing the mark scarred onto her skin just like mine.

Luna: "I've had this ever since I was born. Doctors said that it was just a birthmark, so my parents never really thought about it that much."

(Y/N): "Has anything... strange ever happened?"

Leo: "Like when yours glowed?"

(Y/N): "Yes."

Luna: "A few nights ago. I woke up and it was glowing. It was the first time that happened."

(Y/N): "Okay. For now, keep this mark of yours secret."

Luna: "Why?"

Leo: "Do you think something bad is about to happen?"

(Y/N): "I'm not sure. Hopefully it's nothing."

As if to accentuate the end of the conversation. The doorbell rang signaling the arrival of our dinner. Leo and Luna went over to the table while I brought over to food cart. I decided to not go with anything too complicated, so I ordered us some soup and an array of many desserts. The twins deserved that at the very least after today's events. The rest of the evening went on as good as it could have gone. I was glad to see that they weren't traumatized after seeing Akiza's attempt to get my attention. I appreciate making a grand entrance, just not when it puts innocent people in danger. We were watching one of their favorite cartoons when I took a look over at the clock. To my surprise, it read that it was almost nine in the evening.