Chapter 11.

A god.

A hysterical laugh caught in Greya's throat. A god.

Yet she couldn't find herself denying the possibility. The room in Austria, the speed in which Quin moved, his glowing eyes. It was ethereal.

Not of this world. At least the world she was aware of.

Quin shifted under her, bringing her back to her surroundings.

"Elaborate. Now." She demanded. Scrambling for any logical reasoning.

"Is it code for something? An organization? The Jenkov never mentioned a group of 'gods'". She pulled out the air quotes.

Quin stared into her eyes unflinchingly. Matching her hostility with equal power, he answered, "Gods Greya. We aren't human, not remotely."

As if to prove his point, his eyes began to glow neon blue. Brighter and brighter until lightning forked through his irises, the skin underneath Greya's fingertips buzzing with electricity.

Jaw slightly dropped, Greya leaned toward Quin and carefully cupped his cheek, running her thumb gently under his eye.

Slowly, the glow bated until Quin's eyes returned to their normal cerulean blue. Quin leaned his cheek into her hand.

"What does this mean Quin? I can barely understand the fact that you exist, how does this tie with my parents? With me?" Greya questioned, her voice thickening with her Ceylonese accent and the distress she tried so hard to suppress.

Her heart was beating too fast. This was too much. He was too much.

She made to get off Quin, but he held onto her waist tighter.

"I'm sorry baby, I wasn't supposed to tell you any of this. Should've known you'd figure it out anyway though." His voice gentling.

"I just... I don't understand Quin. What do gods have to do with me. No one should even know I'm still alive." She burst out.

His grip tightened on her, as if the reminder that Greya could've easily died the night her mother was killed, somehow disturbed him. Disturbed him greatly.

"All I know is that I'm not letting you go any time soon. I'm protecting you until the very end sweetheart. As far as the Court, Helon, or the bloody humans are concerned, you are mine." Quin growled.

"I belong to no one Quin. I'm my own woman." Greya shoved at his chest with no avail.

He chucked gruffly, and something deep in Greya reared it's head.

Quin twisted and dumped her onto the motel bed, the yellow tinted light bouncing off the glow of her golden skin.

He leaned over Greya, forearms bracketing her head as he leaned down to whisper into her ear. " You could've killed me more times than I can count by now if I were human." His warm breath tickling her ear.

"But you didn't." He continued. "You feel this too. I'm yours just as much as your mine sweetheart. Don't forget that." He breathed as he nipped at her earlobe.