Chapter Three

Students sit outside on the tables eating lunch. Crowded at the fountain is your friend group. This consists of Sidney, Billy, Tatum, Randy, Stu and yourself. "Hey, Y/N! Over here," you hear Tatum call. You looked over and smiled and headed over. You and the gang greeted each other and you sat on the floor, your back resting against Billy's leg. 

Next to Tatum, sits her boyfriend, Stuart (Stu), with his arm draped across her back and his leg prompted up. He's a Billy wannabe. Almost the jock, almost handsome, almost cool. Across the fountain, next to Tatum is the fifth wheel, Randy Meeks. Apart from Billy, Randy is your closest friend who you've known all your life. He's a tall, gangly kid with no Billy-like aspirations. A witty jokester who elevates geek to coolness. He's a horror nerd and is very knowledgeable about them. Randy works in the VHS store, Blockbuster. 

When you sat down, the group was deep in conversation

"Hunt? Why would they ask if you like to hunt?" Tatum asked. 

"I don't know, they just did," Stu replies. 

"Because their bodies were gutted," Randy responds and you notice Sidney flinches. You slapped Randy on the arm, exasperated. 

"Thank you, Randy," Billy said sarcastically, sitting up from the fountain and Sidney in his lap. You felt a tinge of jealousy but you didn't let that take over you. You still couldn't get rid of the memory that happened last night. Billy wanted to date you. He wanted to date Y/N L/N, the semi-popular girl. 

"They didn't ask me if I liked to hunt," Tatum said.

"They didn't ask me and Sid that, either," you said, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. 

"Because there's no way a girl could have killed em'," Stu said.

"That is so sexist. The killer could easily be female, basic instinct," Tatum retorted. 

"Yeah, Stu," you said, grinning widely. He shot you a glare. You and Stu weren't exactly close but you were good friends.  "That was an ice pick, not exactly the same thing," Randy said smartly, chewing on Tatum's grapes. 

"Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. Takes a man to do something like that," Stu said inaccurately. 

"Or a man's mentality," you replied.

Sidney hasn't said a word since you've been there. You give her a questioning, worried look. She mimed you an 'I'm okay.'

Suddenly, Sidney speaks up. "How do you gut someone?" All eyes turn to her, including you, a bit shocked that she asked that. 

"You take a knife and slit em' from from the groin to the sternum," Stu replies. A shiver goes down your spine. You and everyone else rolled their eyes at Stu. "What? She asked," Stu said, holding his hands up defensively. 

"It's called tact, you fuckrag," Billy said, a tinge of annoyance in his voice.

"Jesus, sorry.."

You all stayed silent for a minute and you looked around, clueless. You caught Billy staring at you. You locked eyes and you blushed a beetroot red. Unbeknownst to the group and Sidney, he intertwined his hands with yours for a quick second before pulling away when Randy spoke up.

"Remember in Jaws when they caught the wrong shark at first and Richard Dreyfus cut it open to look for body parts all they found was a licence plate and all this white milky goo?" How Randy knew this off by heart, you didn't know.  

Stu leaned over and stocked him on the arm. "You heard Billy - shut the fuck up."

Sidney pipes up. "Hey, Stu. Didn't you used to date Casey?" 

Stu's taken aback, a little off guard. "Yeah, for bout' two seconds."

"Before she dumped him for Steve," Randy says and Tatum turns to Stu, surprised. 

"I thought you dumped her for me."

"I did, he's full of shit."

"And are the police aware you dated the victim?" Randy asked, eating grapes casually. "What are you saying? That I killed her?"

"It would certainly improve your high school Q."

"Stu was with me last night, okay?" Tatum said, smirking slightly. 

"Oohhhh... was that before or after he sliced and diced?"

"Oh, shut up, Randy. Jesus," you said, rolling your eyes. 

"Fuck you, nutcase. Where were you last night?" Tatum asked Randy.

"Working, thank you."

"I thought Blockbuster fired your sorry ass."

"Twice," Randy grinned.

"It's true. I was with him, helping him pack the VHS tapes away and then I went home and did my Math homework," you said, defending Randy. 

"I didn't kill anybody," Stu said, rather suspicious but you ignored it. 

"No-one said you did," Billy said, raising his eyebrows. 

"Thanks, buddy!" Stu said dramatically. 

Then, Randy mic-micks Stu in his deep voice. "Besides, it takes a man to do something like that." You laughed out loud.

"I'm gonna gut your ass in a second, kid!" Stu said.

Randy stands up and stands over Stu. "Did you really put her liver in the mailbox? I heard they found her liver in the mailbox next to her spleen and pancreas!" Randy said in a cartoon-ish voice. 

"Randy, you goonfuck! I'm trying to eat here, dipshit!" you exclaimed. 

Stu nibbles at Tatum's neck and your grinned. "Yeah, Randy, she's getting mad. I think you better liver alone," Stu says.

Stu laughs at his own stupid joke. The others just moan and roll their eyes. You stand up, bored and a little pissed at Stu and Randy. You walk away and you're near the school doors when a voice calls behind you. "Hey, Y/N."

You turn around and your face to face with Billy, his caramel eyes piercing into your E/C ones worriedly. "Oh, hey.."

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Just got a little annoyed with Stu and Randy."

"Ah, well, what do you expect? It's Stu and Randy after all. They're asshats," Billy says. 

You chuckle. "Are you gonna come back to the group or?"

"Yeah," you said and smiled. Billy and you walked over to the group. "Hey, where'd you run off too?" Stu asks. "Mars," you said sarcastically. Sidney stands up. "Hey, uh, Y/N, before I go, do you wanna come to mine for a sleepover tonight? Tatum will be there too," Sidney asks, smiling at you.

"Uh, I'm not sure. It's up to my mom. She's a bit strict with me going out after.. you know... Casey and Steve," you said. 

"Oh, that's understandable. Give me and Tatum a call if you're allowed or not."

You agreed and hugged Sidney and she eventually headed off somewhere.