Chapter two- A crush already?

Dovelyn's pov

I sat down at lunch with Raven close behind me. Avery was already there staring at someone I couldn't quite make out. That girl was definitely crushing.

Raven went to go get his lunch while the two girls sat, one staring into space and one waving a hand in front of the other one's face. Guess what? I was actually the one staring into space thinking about Raven.

"Dovelyn!" A hand slapped my arm bringing me back to reality.

"What?" I asked turning toward Avery.

"Spill," she said.

That simple word made me freeze.

"Um, well that guys is Raven, he is in my fourth period and he wanted to sit with me 'cause he's new. So, yeah." I said nervously.

Avery raised her eyebrows at me but said nothing. Dang that girl knew me like the back of her hand. She knew I was crushing, well I also knew she was crushing.

"Who are you crushing on Avery? Your totally staring at someone and you are way happier than usual," I said wagging my finger at her with a grin.

"Lucas," she giggled then sighed as her eyes gazed over.

"Hey!" I said snapping my fingers in front of her face to break her from her trans.

"He is really sweet and handsome. He even picked up my pencil that I dropped on accident," Avery gushed.

I gave her a deadpan look. We both know she dropped her pencil on purpose to get Lucas to pick it up. She blushed furiously and opened her mouth and spoke lowly, "Wha-" Before anything else could be said Raven plopped down beside me with a tray. Avery picked at her carrots and shot me a smug look.

"Aren't you gonna eat?" Raven asked. I shook my head. Another weird thing about me was that I didn't eat much, pretty much one meal a day ever since I was born. Raven's eyebrows drew together in worry.

 I smiled at him gently. That seemed to relax him.

"Don't worry she doesn't eat much but she will definitely go out and eat with you!" Avery interrupted with a huge grin.

I. Was. Gonna. Kill. Her.

 I flushed with embarrassment and gave Avery the best lethal glare I could. It worked and she shut up.

"Really then? I'll take you to eat after school. We will meet by your locker," he said. I almost passed out again.

I nodded and forced a smile. Wait. How did he know where my locker was?  I shrugged inwardly and let it slide. I turned my attention back to the situation at hand and grinned evilly.

Payback time.

I stood up on the bench we were at and shouted, "ATTENTION PEOPLE! May I have your attention please? Okay so my friend really has a crush on this guy named L-" I was interrupted by Avery pulling me down and glaring at me.

Her breathing was fast and her face was red. I burst out laughing as the cafeteria buzzed with sound again.
" You really wouldn't do that would you?" She asked in a small voice. I had tears streaming down my face from laughing so hard. I shook my head no still laughing.

"N-no! I was going to say Ludicrous! You know that rapper and actor guy?" I gasped through my laughter.

She nodded her eyes sparking with amusement.

"Dang girl! I didn't know you knew your actors that well!" She exclaimed with a laugh.

"I'm full of surprises," I winked.

Avery started laughing, and even Raven added his deep chuckle.

I loved that sound.

It was amazing.

Okay, I really need to stop. I sounded like a love-struck teenager. Maybe that's what I was?

The lunch period went by fast with Avery, Raven, and I cracking jokes. I cried from laughter a couple times. That earned me a few weird looks from nearby students.

The bell, signaling the end of lunch rang and I sighed, picking up my things before saying goodbye to Raven and walking with Avery to class.

Our next class was math. I groaned as I sat down, seeing the questions on the board. Math was a very tough subject with me and to make it worse; we were working on a really hard unit. Avery sat beside me and pulled out two pieces of paper, handing one to me.

She always did because, well, that's what best friends do. I smiled at her and took it muttering a 'thank you' before setting to work on the problems.

The teacher walked in late and went to her desk. I looked up when I heard a yelp.

The teacher stood, hopping on one foot to the other, rubbing her butt. Her pink glasses were falling off of her face I almost laughed but decided against it because she was scarlet red, and very angry.

"Who put thumb tacks on my chair?" She yelled. A hand was raised and I craned my neck to get a better look.

What I saw shocked me.

 I didn't notice that Raven had this class with Avery and I. I felt bad for leaving him to find his way because I thought he had a different class.

"Raven! Detention now!" She yelled, still rubbing her behind. I let out a silent laugh.

Detention on his first day.

Wow.

The class let out a few laughs as he walked to the door with his things. He stopped when he got there, though. Turning around his eyes zeroed in on me and what he did next had my heart beating like crazy.

He blew me a kiss.

I turned scarlet red and waved before burying my face in my hands, embarrassed.

The class cooed and said a couple 'awe's which resulted in me turning a deeper shade of red. I took my hands out of my face and gave him an embarrassed smile.

He didn't stop there.

"Looking forward toward our date, Dovelyn!" He yelled, waving, before leaving the classroom. The students giggled and Avery elbowed me laughing, which I replied with a glare.

Wow, that boy was something.