Chapter 13 - Pawn

Meenavathi went to the Royal kitchen in the palace, and asked for the assistant cook to meet her later. She is going to depart from this palace soon and before that she need to arrange someone who could pass on information and help her execute her plans. The assistant cook came after the lunch preparations are over.

Meenavathi asked her, "I have heard about you from Mala. I also know that your daughter needs medical help for which you were helping us. Now after Mala's death, I need someone trustworthy to help me further. I hope you will accept my offer". The assistant was thinking about what happened to Mala, seeing which Meenavathi said, "I will double your amount since you are the only one I have here."

The assistant agreed to her which made Meenavathi ecstatic. She said, "Now tell me your name. I don't remember". The assistant replied, "My name is Mohini". "Mohini, now tell me what do you know about Ranisa's poisoning? Don't bluff that you don't know. It is either you helped them or you guys were together from the start", Meenavathi questioned her.

Meenavathi has full trust on Mala that she wouldn't do anything without her consent. And that is why she is so sure that there is someone else who wants to kill Ranisa or some other ulterior motive. Her first suspect is that someone who works in the kitchen should have helped them to poison it since the head maid of Ranisa, Mala is not involved. And when it comes to the royal cook, his ancestors have been serving the royal family for generations and they are way too loyal for her to bribe. So he is out of the equation.

Mohini replied, "Ranisa, I did help them in their plotting but I don't know the master behind it. I only get the information on what is to be done. That is what I do". Meenavathi replied, "Okay. I trust you. But I want to meet the mastermind behind these issues. Not because I want to catch them or something, but because I want to join hands with them. I hope you will help me in this".

Mohini nodded at her obediently and went away from there. Meenavathi was feeling happy for her mission for coming here is accomplished. What she don't know is that, Mohini is just a puppet in someone's hand and whatever words come out of her mouth is not hers but someone else's script. When Mohini was walking back towards the kitchen, a lady with face covered by a veil stopped her on her path and asked her about what happened. To which Mohini replied, "As you have predicted, she asked me to help her and also to meet your master. And I said as you have asked."

The veiled lady went away and Mohini was clueless as to, in which trap she had fallen. She felt like crying because of the guilt for betraying her kingdom as well as her child not getting recovered. May be it is the karma of making a woman childless which is slowly killing her child even after she pays for her medical treatment with that sinful money.

                  -------------------------

Anamika was simply sitting in the swing placed in the garden as she don't have much energy to move the swing with her 5 months pregnant belly. This is the first time she came to the swing after her rebirth. She couldn't bring herself to come to this place before, even when pratap insisted. Suddenly the swing started moving slowly and she carefully clutched the swing although it didn't move fast. "Pratap! stop please",  Anamika shouted. He came infront and took a seat beside her and moved the swing with his legs. He wrapped his arms around her while she kept her head on his chest. Pratap asked, "So when will the midwife come again for checkup?". Anamika replied, "Tomorrow". He just hmmed and looked at the greenery in front of them. "Anamika, I thought of building a new Palace. What do you think?", Pratap asked her.

Anamika was surprised at his question and looked up from his chest. Understanding her questions, Pratap answered, "You see, we are going to have kids and although we have more than enough rooms in the palace, we can have a palace solely for ourselves and our kids. And moreover I thought of building it in the middle of the kingdom. This palace is on the mountains and although it is safe, but people couldn't reach out to their king. Even if we don't move into the new palace altogether, we can have some small vacation times over there right".

Anamika thought about his plans and said, "Pratap, I appreciate your thoughts and yes it will be good to have some other palace for vacations and all. Also you will be going to leave for your expedition, months after my delivery. So it would be good to plan for our extended boundary as well. Let's see how it goes."

Pratap nodded at her and thought about the surprise he is planning along with the new palace. He is planning to create a nursery nearby Anamika's room and they have already discussed about the interior decorations, so that won't be difficult. Still he need to let her know that he is starting that work as it is near her room but not let her inside. He looked at Anamika and said, "Today I'm going to put forward my suggestions regarding women safety in front of the ministers. Pray that everything goes smooth". Anamika smiled at him and said, "You will convince them easily. After all you made them tire out so much on thinking about this issue, that they will accept whatever you put forth". He went away from there, promising her that he will let her know the court happenings.

                --------------------------

Anamika was coming back from the garden after spending some time with Yuvraj. As soon as she entered her chamber, she was greeted by a veiled lady. Anamika just ignored her and sat on the couch, closing her eyes. The lady was still standing there. After a few minutes, the lady removed her veil and sighed. "Bahuranisa, you didn't ask me anything", the lady said.

To which Anamika replied, "Kamala, I'm sure of what would have happened. If there is anything new, other than what we have discussed then let me know". Kamala shooked her head and said, "Nothing new Bahuranisa". Anamika just hmmed in reply and was about to sleep when Kamala interuppted her and took her to the bedroom by holding her hands.

Kamala had already changed her dress before coming to the chamber, so no-one could trace her especially Mohini. Once Anamika fell asleep, Kamala went on to check with Vaidh ji(Doctor) about the ongoing treatment of Mohini's child. Anamika came to know about this very late and then immediately asked for the Royal vaidh ji to help the child in fighting the disability under their expense. Mohini doesn't know about this, since the Royal servants stay in the quarters and then go to their own house on weekends or any other occasions.

Pratap came back to have dinner with Anamika and then they spent some time together which didn't go more than kissing because although Anamika wants intimacy her body doesn't cooperate sometimes and she will be asleep even while kissing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mohini is a pawn but not for Meenavathi.

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late update once again.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.