Chapter 12 - Alone

It has been 3 months since they came to know about Anamika's pregnancy and Anamika is going to complete 5 months now. In the court, the ministers were not yet able to come up with any good suggestions regarding women safety, be it royal or common. Yuvraj sometimes get angry on their suggestions and sometimes laughed at their ideas, laughing only in private after sharing that with Anamika.

There was this one time when a minister suggested that every woman can have a small gong or bell with them so that they can ring it for help. At this point Pratap don't know whether they are given this position because of inheritance or qualification. There are too many things which are simply followed generation after generation which needs to be changed. With this thought in mind, Yuvraj dismissed the meeting yet another day while he waits for the right time to put forward his idea.

Ranasa was desperately waiting for the baby to be born and also the midwife to confirm whether there are twin babies. While everything is going smoothly, Anamika got to know from her maid that Meenavathi has come to their palace to visit Ranisa as well as to congratulate them on the baby. Although Anamika knew that she has to finish this off one day or other but she couldn't help the wish to spend the pregnancy time peacefully without any planning or plotting. Anamika didn't take any pain to go and greet the guest as she feels tired to even walk till the corridor.

In Ranisa's chamber, Meenavathi was talking with Ranisa. In other words, it was only Meenavathi speaking and Ranisa listening. The seed of suspicion was sown deeply in her heart after the poisoning incident and why not, after all it's her own life at stake. The maids and guards were also alert since the suspicion not cleared even after Mala's execution. The guards and maids who came with Meenavathi were not allowed inside the palace, including the things they have brought from their kingdom and were arranged place in the servant quarters outside the palace.

Then and there Meenavathi realised that it is even more difficult than before, to reach her goals. As a first step, she wants to make Ranisa by her side again. By her actions, Meenavathi knows that Ranisa is also suspecting her. So to provoke her, she hit her weak point. "Ranisa, I think you should keep your bahuranisa in control. Seems like the people are getting fond of their future Ranisa more than their current Ranisa".

Now this diverted Ranisa's attention from the poisoning matter. Ranisa asked, "What are you saying? ". Getting Ranisa's attention as expected, Meenavathi continued, "People were speaking about how generous Bahuranisa is, since she had donated money to maids knowing their needs, without them asking."

Now this is what Ranisa always feared, Anamika overtaking her in the Queen race. Immediately she marched towards Anamika's chamber while Meenavathi followed behind her, unaware of all the eyes keeping track of her each move outside the chamber. The servants cannot track her deeds if the Royal member doesn't allow them in their chamber.

Ranisa didn't wait for Anamika's permission to enter the chamber and directly went to the bedroom knowing that her son is not there. Anamika was simply sitting on the bed while supporting herself with the headrest and eyes closed. When these two women entered her chamber with the door bursting open with too much noise, she did flinch for a second but got her posture back to neutral and simply looked at them without moving an inch.

Looking at her, Meenavathi said, "Don't you have manners? Your Mother-in-law and Ranisa is standing in front of you and you are simply sitting? ". Anamika replied, "Pranam Ranisa". Ranisa also didn't bother with her sitting in front of her, considering her pregnancy. Ranisa said, "Bahuranisa, it's your fifth month and you should be more careful now. And take good care of the baby all the time. You shouldn't bother about maids and other people which will stress you out. So hereafter you stop indulging in other works, for which I'm there to look after. And how do you get all these money to donate? Your allocation and donation doesn't match".

Ranisa is the one who is looking after all the finances and accounts of the Palace, which includes maids and guards salary, pocket money kind of allocation for every royal family members each month which is to ensure that the Royal family is not eating up tax payers money and also the groceries and others. In their previous lifetime, Anamika got this responsibility only after Pratap and her got distanced and Ranisa wanted to spend time with her grandchildren from Saudamini. In other words, Anamika got this responsibility when Ranisa wanted to make her too busy to meddle between Pratap and Saudamini.

Anamika answered Ranisa politely, "Ranisa, I donate everything from my allocation only. I don't have many necessities so I used to save up most of the money. That's it. And moreover if I do these things while being pregnant then my baby also learns good values. To take care of myself and my child, I'm not doing any heavy physical works and even stopped sword practice. So don't worry about that". Ranisa was shocked, furious with her but every other feeling was overpowered by one, that is insecurity. Ranisa is once again proved incompetent by Anamika.

Ranisa came back to her chamber without replying to Anamika. Meenavathi left a few seconds after Ranisa but not before looking at Anamika's bulging stomach. Anamika noticed it and kept a hand on her stomach caressing her baby. As soon as they left, Pratap entered her room and asked her calmly, "Did she said anything?". Anamika knew that he is asking about Meenavathi and so she shook her head in a no. Pratap sat beside her and kept his hand over her belly on her hand and caressed their baby along with her. It was his daily routine to talk with the baby for some time every day. And Anamika loved those moments as she came to know about his feelings as a father.

Pratap said after sometime, "Anamika, I want you to be careful with that lady. I know that you will always have your kanjar(hand knife/pocket knife) with you but still always be cautious". Anamika need not be told.

On the other hand, Ranisa wanted to do something immediately but she couldn't afford to risk her grandson's life. She has to somehow make Saudamini as Pratap's wife as soon as possible after the child birth. Meanwhile Meenavathi was thinking about the poisoning of Ranisa and thought to find out who is the traitor behind this incident. Not because she wanted Ranisa's welfare but because she thought that enemy of her enemy will become her friend. With this thought, she went to meet her last pawn present inside this palace after Mala. After all, Meenavathi is alone right now with nobody to help her plans.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Sorry for late update once again.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.