Neil ☞︎︎︎ strangers, friends, lovers

Requested by Beautiful_yet_dead sorry for how long it took. I really hope I did great.

☽︎☼︎..•..☼︎..•..☼︎☾︎

As soon as his eyes laid on her, Neil knew he was in love. Y/n Y/l/n, the only girl in Welton. She was there because her father paid - a lot- and nothing else. But she was smart, and pretty. He would often see her read by the lake when a clear day showed. Otherwise she would always be in the school's library. There was something that made Neil want to know so much more about her. He wanted to know every single details of her.

He never got the chance nor the courage to really talk to her. She was in his English and Math class, and they often said hello to each other yet it was only small talks. But Neil enjoyed every seconds of them.

The night he ran into Y/n was for Neil the first repetition of the play at Henly Hall. To Y/n, it was by pure curiosity that she was here. He entered the theater, the cold redding his nose and ears. Walking down the alley, he did not recognize her in the dark. But Y/n recognized him, he was the boy of the English class.

It's only when he was on the scene that he really recognized her. Y/n was talking with the director, standing in front of the seats a few feet away from the scene. He heard her clap at every scenes, saw her give advice to a young girl he guessed she knew. She looked magical in every of those moments.

When the play ended, he got behind the curtains and thought. He thought about whether he should go talk to her, or should he stay here doing nothing?

"You're Neil Perry, right?" her voice straddled him from his thoughts and he turned to his left to see her, standing there and looking at him.

"Huh," he thought why are you thinking, you are neil perry "Yes. I am,"

"You're okay? You seem a little red,"

Neil cursed in his head but shook his head, coming closer "That's just the light. You're Y/n,"

"I am, from the English class," but i saw you numerous of other times

"From the English class, yes I often see you, at school," he couldn't help but smile, am i really doing this

"I just wanted to let you know that your acting is really great Neil," she smiled

I like the way my name sound in your voice "Thank you, I- you don't act?"

Oh if you would see me act you would throw up "No," she giggled "Too shy,"

Did she just giggled?? That was the cutest thing  "Well I could teach you, I mean help you getting better."

Help he really as sweet as Charlie said.

Within months, the pair became inseparable. Neil became Y/n's only, truly close friend. He would often spend time with her, no more small talks, they had deep and long conversations. He knew a little bit more about her everyday. She recommended many books to him, while he got her into the dead poet society with the others.

They would go back from the cave together, walking behind the others. He would come pick her up at midnight. And she would help him with the English class. Neil supported y/n in her writings and she supported him in his dream of acting.

But to Neil, she was the girl he was falling in love with. Charlie understood that from the first day and helped Neil countless of times. But the feelings deep inside of him were not because Charlie was pushing them closer and closer, it was because Y/n was different from all the girls he had ever known.

They were laying next to each other on the grass, she was on her stomach reading a book and he was on his side, looking at her. It was a December Sunday and surprisingly the air was warm from times to times and the sun shining.

"Why you're staring Perry?" she asked and he scoffed.

"Because you're pretty, Y/l/n," he simply answered. She turned his head to him and smiled.

"You're not bad yourself,"

"I think I'm falling in love with you," he let the words leave his mouth and mostly heart, without a second thought.

Y/n froze and the finger holding the page of her book slipped away. She forgot Darcy and Elizabeth to think about the true love confession in front of her.

"You love me? Neil you know that's a really strong word," she blurred out, sitting up.

He did too, seeing her reaction "But I really love you, I know I do. Since the first day I met you, I have loved you and I ever will,"

"Neil..." Y/n said and took his hand. She knew what all of this was implying. "I love you too..."

Neil tried to suppress his smile but couldn't stop himself. He squeezed her hand tighter. He leaned down and Y/n didn't stop herself, putting her lips against his. It was actually something they both waited for since a long time. He pulled back first and laughed a little as all his nervousness slipped away.

"I'm afraid of what it can imply," y/n said "What if it doesn't work? What if something keeps us from being together? What if one day I'm not enough for you? I thought about what our relationship could look like a thousand times, Neil,"

"Y/n you will always be more than enough for me. I don't imagine myself with no one else," he said and took her cheeks between his both hands before leaning down and kissing her again in a long and loving kiss.