Chapter Twenty-Four

Synn gently brushed the hair away from Auroras face with his left hand that was still trapped under her body. Her cheek rested on his chest, over his heart while her long eyelashes kissed her cheekbones. Carefully, he traced her other rosey cheek with his fingertips, feeling her soft skin melt into his own. She looked incredibly peaceful, it was a rare sight.

"I know you're awake" He grumbled. Auroras eyes shot open and frowned.

"How did you know?" She exasperated. Synn merely shook his head, causing her to huff in defeat. She was enjoying the feel of his gentle touches... almost as much as his rough one's. Aurora rolled on her back, her head now resting on Synns arm. She could feel his muscles building under the name of her neck and smirked to herself.

Hot damn.

"Ya know, I like this. It makes me feel like I'm in one of my favourite romance novels. This is the part where you lean over and kiss me and tell me how much you love me" She smiled to herself cheekily, waiting for him to slap her or something. While she waited however, she heard footsteps coming down the hall. Her smile dropped and eyes widened. She quickly sat up and pushed Synn, who was taken completely by surprise. He frowned and looked at her panicked face.

"One of my brothers are coming, get under the bed" She whispered aggressively, continuing to shove him. Synn huffed and dragged himself under the bed. He lay down flat, trying to tuck his long legs in so they wouldn't be seen. Aurora adjusted the covers the lay back down, grabbing her phone and pretending to be on it just as the door swung open. Of course, it was followed by Axel sauntering in.

"Don't you ever knock?" Aurora scowled, sitting up yo hlare at her brother.

"Nope" He replied, walking towards her bed before falling back on it at her feet. Meanwhile, Synns eyes widened as Axels feet dangled right in front of his line of vision. "What are you still doing in bed? Isaac got worried cause you weren't down annoying him. He made your pancakes, he even added the smiley face with strawberries" Axel coaxed. Aurorss cheeks heated up a the end part, knowing Sunshine heard it. The man himself was lying under the bed with a smug grin, finding it all to funny, but cute.

"I'm not hungry right now" Aurora muttered, still embarrassed. Axel sat up and looked at her weirdly.

"You aren't hungry? Well that's a first. Why?" Aurora scowled at him and grabbed her pillow, smacking him in the face. Axel chuckled and merely brushed the pillow of him. He stood up and began walking towards the door.

"I'll tell Isaac you don't want them so" He hummed innocently. Aurora but her lip. He turned his head over his shoulder to look at her and she caught his eyes.

"Yeah, you tell him that" She said clearly, all while shaking her head with an aggressive 'no'. Axel looked at her, confused, but let it go nevertheless, presuming that it was her raging ego that refused to let her say the words aloud. Wouldn't be the first time. Once the door shut, Aurora fell back onto the bed with an exasperated sigh. Synn climbed out from under the bed awkwardly, then lay down beside her. Both staring up at the ceiling.

"Smiley face pancakes, huh" Synn stated casually, though Aurora knew this was his way of teasing her. She scoffed and shook her head.

"I have no idea what he's talking about" Synn hummed knowingly at her response. She knew he didn't believe her. They were silent for a moment, until Aurora spoke up again.

"Why were your curious about rings last night? Are you proposing to me, cause if you are, I prefer simple" She rambled. Synn rolled his eyes.

"I was looking for my brother" He huffed. Aurora was silent for a moment, confusing Synn.