Chapter 16

When something you have imagined for so long becomes true, you really don't know how to feel

When something you have imagined for so long becomes true, you really don't know how to feel. You don't know what to do because the possibility of that happening was so slim you never thought it through.

That's the position I am in right as Arius asks me if I remember what he told me this morning.

"No?" I frown not understanding what he means.

He nods while humming, looking around the room while my eyes fall on his sharp jaw. That low ponytail that had me hooked from day one. The colour of his hair, the features of his face like his slim nose, the slightly fuller lower lip and his piercing gaze.

"So, you don't remember when I told you that you shouldn't provoke me?" He looks back at me and takes another step closer.

My heart stops for a beat and my mind instantly goes to having images where his body presses against mine. Hard, feeling every pec, every muscle of his against me.

"That doesn't mean anything, I did nothing," I did and we both know it.

That's why he instantly smirks before his eyes drop lower, low, low.

"I told you to not do it. I really and truly meant it," he finally looks back up at me and he slowly brings his face closer to mine.

"Why didn't you just listen?" His husky voice makes my throat dry, I feel like I am salivating for him. Ready to fist his shirt collars and slam my lips against his.

I really have no idea what to reply to him.

My senses are all focused on him though, the smell of male cologne, the atmosphere feeling like there is a heatwave and I can't breathe because of how hot I feel right now despite taking a shower. He is all my eyes see.

It's him everywhere for me.

Why wouldn't I provoke him?

"Did you want to do it knowing I want to know how this mouth tastes?" He lifts a hand, slowly pinching my chin and running his thumb over my lower lip.

"Did you want to know what I would do if I was given the chance?" I don't answer because I really don't want to lie to him.

Being touched by him feels like something is right.

Like pieces are coming together, finally my heart feels at ease yet the dangerous aura he carries makes everything around me so much thrilling. He is danger and I'm the huntress lurking in the dark waiting for it.

"Did you want to be kissed by me so badly, Fiona?" He brings my face closer to his and with the small step I have to take, my hands land on his waist.

His eyes trace over my lips and I feel all the tingles on them.

I can still hear my heart basically in my throat, waiting and waiting for Arius's acceptance.