💮 011

Episode Eleven: “The Heart Yearns For More.”

💮💮💮

💮💮💮

In the office, Vicky sat thinking about how this was the first time he thought about getting his legs fixed. Nothing had ever motivated him to do so.

“Patrick?”

“Yes sir?”

“Do you think I should…” Vicky paused, thinking about it and shook his head. “It’s okay, forget it.” Patrick stared at his boss in confusion but said nothing.

Meanwhile, at the university, Rachel had resumed classes but right now, she was seated outside in a daze at her university. Her mind was too busy replaying what happened in the morning at the house.

Testimony’s school had resumed so he was back to school. Rachel woke up very early to prepare food and surprisingly, for the first time, Vicky shared a meal with her and Testimony on the table.

It left her in a state of disbelief. “Was it real?” Rachel asked herself, “it felt like a dream, but it was real.”

“Rachel!”

Rachel snapped out of thoughts and turned just as Prieye joined her. “Hey, don’t get mad…” she began to say just as three other girls arrived.

“You got married?!”

“How could you not tell us Rachel?” the girls said upset. Rachel stared at Prieye annoyed but Prieye just had a look of innocence on.

“I didn’t tell them, Ugochukwu did” Prieye defended, “I just couldn’t lie to them.”

“What is this Rachel? You wanted her to lie to us?” a girl with red hair said. “are we not your friends? Why would you have to lie about not being married?”

“Yeah, are you not…happy with your marriage?” another girl said, “why didn’t you tell anyone anyways?”

Rachel looked overwhelmed and annoyed but she tried to hide her displeasure. “Jessica, Timi, it’s not like that” She tried to deny, “I just didn’t want the news of my marriage to get out of hand. I’m sorry I didn’t invite you to the wedding.”

“She didn’t even invite me” Prieye pointed out.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. It was a private wedding.” Rachel said.

“Hmm, this man must be really rich if it was a private wedding” Timi, the second girl said. “Tell us, what is he like? What is his name? When did you even start dating?”