💮 010

Episode Ten: “Guest.”

💮💮💮

💮💮💮

The gathering was outside around the pool side. It was decorated beautifully for an occasion and a comedian cracked jokes. Guests watched and laughed at his jokes.

“What do you think about the place?” Vicky asked.

“I’m too nervous to think” Rachel nervously answered and Vicky smiled. He reached out for one of her hands that was on his chair handle and held it.

“Don’t be nervous anymore, I’m here” He said and Rachel summoned her courage. Vicky directed her to his friends and they went to them.

“Hey.”

“Hi.”

“Good evening.”

They exchanged greetings and everyone welcomed Rachel. “It’s nice to finally meet you” Lara said warmly, “we were wondering why how friend was hiding you.”

Rachel apologetically smiled and she noticed Nancy. Nancy greeted her and everyone made small talk. They finally asked what Rachel was doing.

“I’m just a student, I’m studying medicine” Rachel answered and everyone was sort of surprised.

“Is it your masters?” Nancy asked.

“No, a degree” Rachel answered.

“Wow, you are really young” Vicky’s fat male friend from earlier said. Rachel squirmed uncomfortably at that and they continued talking.

Rachel found herself relaxing after exchanging some words with them. Vicky watched her and he felt good that nothing went wrong.

Music started playing and his friends went off to dance. Vicky stared at the dance floor longingly and asked Rachel, “aren’t you going to dance?”

“I can’t really dance and I don’t like it that much” Rachel answered.

“I think you should dance whenever you have the chance, you don’t know when you might lose it” Vicky said and Rachel looked at him sadly.

“I don’t want to dance with anyone, I want to dance with you” Rachel said and Vicky looked at her. “how can I leave my partner?” She added.

Vicky shook his head with a smile and he talked with his friends for awhile when they returned before leaving with Rachel.

At the house, Rachel pushed Vicky inside. Vicky was about to go to his room alone but Rachel stopped him. “You owe me a dance” she awkwardly said.

Vicky turned around with a knowing smile, “a dance?”

“Yes, I said I would dance with my partner so you can’t leave just like that” Rachel said while internally cringing and hoping he would agree.

“Okay, how do you intend to make it happen?” Vicky said, indulging her. Rachel suppressed a victorious smile and went inside and Vicky shook his head at himself.