Chapter Ten

Wren woke up on the roof curled up beside Cato. She and he had accidentally fallen asleep under the stars. Serena would throw a fit. The girl from Ten shot up but was quickly pulled back down as Cato's arm was wrapped around her.

"Cato," she whispered as she poked his cheek. He only grumbled something under his breath and pushed her hand away. Wren rolled her eyes.

"Cato," the brunette mumbled again. She poked his cheek harder.

"Not now, I'm trying to sleep," he muttered as he rolled over. Unfortunately, for Wren, he pulled her with him and she was now laying on top of him. She sighed as she straddled his hips.

"Cato!" she shouted not caring who'd hear her. The blond boy stirred and his eyes shot open. In a panic, he flipped Wren onto her back and he was hovering over her. She raised an eyebrow.

"Well, good morning." Cato let out a breath of relief.

"I-I thought I was back in the games and you-"

Wren cut him off by pulling him down and meeting her lips to his. Cato kissed her back hard. A small groan came from his throat as he kissed her. Subconsciously, Cato moved his hips against Wren's and she gasped. A tingle spread all throughout her body. Cato pulled away and backed up.

"I'm sorry, Wren I don't know what came over me."

Her face burned red as she glanced down at Cato's waistline. Cato looked down and quickly rested his hand over himself. His cheeks were tinged pink.

"I, um, wow, maybe I should go back to my room-"

Wren cut him off again by pulling him in for another kiss and purposefully grinding her hips against his. She moved her lips to his neck and kissed softly.

"Wren," Cato whispered. His voice was deeper than before. "You might want to stop cause I don't know if I can control myself. Knowing that you're a virgin and doing this is like pure torture." 

Wren lightly laughed as she kept kissing him. Cato pulled away with a sigh.

"Dollface," he said as he touched her cheek with his thumb. "I want you, but not here. Not like this-"

"What?" Wren asked shocked. "Why not?" tears pooled in her eyes.

"Now isn't the best time-"

"We could die tomorrow, Cato," she snapped. A tear rolled down her cheek. "Am I not good enough? Am I not as good as the other girls?" she whispered.

"No!" Cato nearly screamed. "No, Wren, that's not it. You're more than enough, but I don't want you to feel forced, okay? I want it to happen when it's the right time and now is not it." 

Wren's lip quivered.

Cato kissed her forehead before leaving. The elevator shot up and opened in seconds. Wren was quick to join him. They were silent all the way to floor ten. When the doors opened for Wren, Cato stopped her before she could leave.

"I want you to know that you, and anything we would do, means so much more to me than anyone else. That's why I want to wait. Because I don't just want it to be meaningless. With you, I want it to mean everything because you're my everything." He leaned down and kissed her cheek. The doors closed as Wren watched the elevator go down.

"I love you," she whispered as she watched the gears turn.

"I am in love with you, Cato Hadley."

...

Serena had dragged Wren down to the room where her prep team was waiting. Emerald, Jewel, and Halo all stood before her. Emerald's bump seemed to be growing more and more.