27| Bad Luck

Published on 12th December 2021.
________________________________

My exams are over, atleast for this month.
And I know that I'm gonna fail in math.

Go ahead and don't forget to share your views.

– D H R U V –

"Don't leave me!"

"I'm just going back to home. I'll see you tomorrow in hospital."

"Please... Don't leave me and our kids alone. How will we live without you?" He appealed and my eyes widened on their own.

What the—

"Wh... what?! Don't talk shit Vikas!"

"I was joking. No need to take it seriously." He laughed and I shook my head in disbelief. Even if it's a joke, kids are scary as hell. I must add, they cause a lot of trouble.

No, they are a trouble.

"You want to change your profession? Acting might suit you better."

"You just snatched the words right out of my mouth. A highly professional and educated doctor turned actor sounds good. Doesn't it?" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"You literally want to do that? You want to leave your already built career?"

"Just kidding." He smiled and picked up the keys of his car, "I'll get going. I heard that my mother prepared a big feast tonight. Bye." He quickly ran out, leaving me all alone in my cabin. I too packed my things up and drove back home.

Parking the car, I walked inside and heard dad complaining about me and Divya. "I never taught them to leave their own company."

Again!

"I'm back." I said and saw Divya sitting with mumma and dad. I wasn't dreaming, was I? "Divya? You're here?"

"Ofcourse. How would you know when you're busy with your wife?" She asked and I raised my eyebrows. I don't have a wife, do I?

"Which wife? I don't have a wife."

"Your profession!"

Hearing her answer, I sighed, "That's my duty and I'll do it to my end. You can't stop me from helping my patients when you yourself are busy with your own work." It wasn't that only I had left dad's company. She was my partner in crime. She has no right to call me wrong when she did same!

"Okay, okay! Enough of fighting. Dinner is ready, get to the table in two minutes." Mumma shouted. Washing our hands, each one of us ran to the dinner table to fill our stomach.

"What do we have for dinner?" Divya asked.

"Everything you like."

"She likes every edible thing, mumma. You should've made my favourite." I complained and heard Divya laughing. What was there to laugh about?