8| Men In Her Waiting Line

Published on 18th April 2021.
____________________________

It's Sunday lockdown here!
Stay safe.

Vote, comment, share, follow.
Happy reading.

- D H R U V -

- D H R U V -

As the alarm of my room rang, I opened my eyes and switched the alarm off. Wearing my glasses, I poured a glass of water and walked to my balcony to take a view of sunrise.

Even if I sleep late, I could easily wake up before the sunrise. It's tough for me to stay on bed for a long span of time.

Sipping water slowly, I walked back to use the bathroom for daily chores.

Coming out after taking the shower, I quickly wore my clothes and walked down, where I saw mumma and dad chatting and laughing.

The scene was beautiful. Especially, when I know that they're my parents. But one thing I could never understand is- How can someone stay happy and contented, even after so many years of their marriage?

Maybe, that's how much strong their bond is!

But not everyone is same.

Not every relationship is for ever.

"Dhruv?" I heard mumma calling me.

"Hmm."

"Why didn't you sleep a little more? You slept at one last night."

"I just didn't feel like sleeping."

"You can't stay like this, Dhruv. What about your health?" Dad said.

"Dad, I'm a doctor. I know my health very well. Moreover, I can't just sleep leaving my patients."

"Your profession and your patients! Do you ever think about your parents? Your family?"

"Dad I-"

"I what? You're thirty! It's high time. You should settle down and start your family. But here you're busy caring for your work."

"Dad but-"

"You still want to give me reasons for your actions? Just tell me one thing, did I ever stop you from pursuing your career? No. I wanted you to handle my business. But you wanted to go in medical field. We supported your decision. Do you ever care about us?"

"Dad I have no interest in business."

"I understand that. What about your marriage? You're thirty! We want you to settle down as early as possible."

"It's not that I'm dying."

"Wow! I can't argue with you." Dad yelled and busied himself in his phone.