Happier

Six rings, that's all it took for the call to go to voicemail

Six rings, that's all it took for the call to go to voicemail. You knew you shouldn't leave a message but you had come this far and right now you were on the verge of being black out drunk.

It's Von, sorry I can't get to the phone right now. Leave me a message and I will get back to you at some point.

"Look, I know we broke up a month ago. Your friends aren't mine, you know, I know. You've moved on, found someone new. One more girl who brings out the better in you." You said as the tears rolled down your face with the phone pressed against your ear, you knew it was a mistake to get this drunk alone. "And I thought my heart was attached. For all the sunlight of our past. But she's so sweet, she's so pretty. Does she mean you forgot about me?"

Staring at the ceiling of the club you roughly wiped your eyes with the back of your hand sniffling before you spoke again.

"Oh, I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me. I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go. So find someone great but don't find no one better. I hope you're happy, but don't be happier. And do you tell her she's the most beautiful girl you've ever seen?" You had no idea if you were making any sense, you were rambling on at the speed of light and slurring your words. But you needed to get shit off your chest, you needed this to move on or at least that's what you told yourself before you hit call.

"An eternal love bullshit you know you'll never mean. Remember when I believed you meant it when you said it first to me?" You laughed loudly, placing a blunt in between your lips, sparking it with the lighter.

"And now I'm pickin' her apart. Like cuttin' her down make you miss my wretched heart. But she's beautiful, she looks kind, she probably gives you butterflies. I hope you're happy, but not like how you were with me. I'm selfish, I know, I can't let you go" you screamed, as it felt like your heart was being torn apart for the second time.

"So find someone great but don't find no one better. I hope you're happy, I wish you all the best, really. Say you love her, baby, just not like you loved me. And think of me fondly when your hands are on her I hope you're happy, but don't be happier"

The moment you ended the call realisation hit you, even more emotions washed over you as you shoved your phone into your back pocket and headed straight to the bar.