Chapter 8

As soon as YN's mom entered the apartment, everyone seemed to freeze. YN looked towards her mom and caught her staring at JK with a shocked expression on her face. "Mom, um this is Jungkook. JK, this is my mom, Lillie."

JK bowed his head and reached out his hand "Good afternoon, it's nice to meet you."

This seemed to snap Lillie out of her daze "Yes, yes, nice to meet you too. But if I remember correctly you're not the man who called me. He had a different name I believe it was Namjoon or something like that. It sounded peculiar but after meeting you, I assume that you're a foreigner correct?"

"Yes, my friends and I are from South Korea ma'am."

"Oh! YN you like that music from there right?" She says as she turns to look at her for the first time "Oh honey, you look so pale. Is your heart rate coming down at all?" as she rushes over to the fridge to grab an ice pack.

"Here, put this on your chest and lay back. I'm going to go get your monitor so we can see where you are at."

Standing off to the side so he wouldn't intrude, JK quietly observed the interactions between YN and her mom. He was surprised at how much they looked alike. YN was almost a copy of her mother besides the nose. He watched as her mother put the pulse monitor on YN's finger and starting firing off question after question about how she was feeling.

"Have you had enough electrolytes?"

"Yes mom"

"How long were you in the heat? How much water have you had today? Did you sleep enough last night?"

"Mom, I'm ok, I just need to rest. I promise I'm fine."

"Ok, if you're feeling better, then what the hell is a man doing in your apartment without you so much as mentioning anything to me? We talk twice a day, this isn't just something you would leave out. How did you guys meet?"

"Mom can we please talk about this later. I'm sure Jungkook doesn't want to hear a recap."

He chuckled softly "How about I step outside and give you guys a few moments. I need to make a quick call to the other guys." He walked out the door and closed it softly behind him.

"Seriously YN, he's very pretty. But why didn't you say anything? Why was he here?"

With that YN launched into the story about how they met only yesterday during her morning run. She recapped how he handled the situation with Mark at the restaurant and how he passed Lola's vibe check. She left out the part where they slept together, however, knowing under the circumstances she was sure her mother would pop a gasket. Her mom wasn't a fan of casual sex or one-night stands, she was more old-fashioned that way.

"That's all well and good but do you like this man? Most men wouldn't stay around after dealing with an episode like that. Hell, your father still gets uncomfortable when it happens but he at least knows what to do. You probably scared that young man to death."

"I know mom, but he's really sweet and he took very good care of me. His friends even came to help and no one was mad. I think they are great people."

"Mmmmm that remains to be seen, I don't trust anyone after what Mark did to you."

"Hey, we said we would never discuss it again mom, just leave it."

"Fine, but you should come home with me for tonight. This episode was worse than the others, you were out for a long time."

"I'm going to live mom I promise, now stop your pacing."

Her mom sat down heavily on the couch "I don't want you to be alone."