Ch. 26 - Proof

MENTIONS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT  THROUGHOUT THE CHAPTER!!

MENTIONS OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT THROUGHOUT THE CHAPTER!!

BEFOR BRODY COULD EVEN SAY ANYTHING, I pushed him away from Lucy. He fell into a shelf, and a few things fell off and hit him or the floor. Lucy ran into Matthew's arms, trying to calm herself down before having a panic attack.

"We were just talking, Damien," Brody sneered as he pulled himself up.

"I warned you to stay the fuck away from her. I don't give a shit if you were just 'talking.' And that was your last warning," I said, sharply, as I glared at him.

Brody laughed with a shake of his head. "You don't get it. You hit me, and I'll make sure you end up in juvie. You know that I have the connections, and all it takes is a single phone call. It won't be hard especially since the last time we fought, you almost killed me."

"For Gods sake, I didn't almost kill you. You are just a fucking bitch who can't take a couple of hits," I said as my fists clenched by my sides. "And you act like I'm fucking terrified about juvie."

Brody smirked,"You aren't terrified about juvie, but I know you are terrified about something you don't want to get out."

I froze as his gaze flickered to Micheal behind me and back to me.

"Are you threatening me?" I asked him in a low voice.

Brody shrugged,"I guess so. You hit me, and everybody will know including your parents who I know won't be too happy about the news."

I could beat the absolute shit out of him, but my secret will be exposed.

Or I can let him leave, and my secret stays intact. However, he wins.

"It was nice talking to you, Lucy," Brody said with a smile. "Hopefully, we can do it again sometime soon."

Before I could even react, Matthew punched him right in the cheek. Brody fell against the wall. He groaned in pain, and Matthew scowled at him.

"Don't come anywhere near Lucy ever again, and if you do, it will be the last you do. Do you understand?" Matthew threatened, angrily, as he held Brody up by the shoulders.

Then Matthew kneed him the balls and said,"And that was for hurting my best friend, asshole."

Matthew stepped away from Brody, who slumped to the floor, and we walked out of the room. Nobody spoke until we got to the parking lot where Micheal's driver was waiting on us.