Ch. 22 - Date

"THIS IS THE STUPIDEST MOVIE EVER," Damien said with a cough behind it

"No it's not," I argued, leaning my back against the headboard.

We just finished Five Feet Apart, and it is literally sadder than Fault in Our Stars in my opinion. Damien and I have been quarantined to our bedrooms since we both have a cold.

However Damien didn't stay in his room. He snuck over to mine, and we have been binging movies together while eating hot soup.

We are over the cold for the most part; only a cough or a sniffle here or there, but they won't let us out of the room. For Thanksgiving, we stayed in my room and ate some food that my Mom cooked before eating soup again.

But Damien didn't seem to mind that he didn't get to spend Thanksgiving with a bunch of people. I think he likes spending time with me.

Damien sighed with a nod,"You're right. It's not stupid. It's just...sad. I mean, I could never leave you like Will left Stella. Just the thought alone hurts me."

"Well, not all love stories have a happy ending, y'know. Fate brings us together, but life can tear us apart," I replied with a simply shrug.

Damien didn't say anything, and I looked through the list of movies. I think this is the most movies I have ever watched in a small period of time. For the past two days, Damien and I have watched at least twenty movies.

A knock brought me out of my thoughts, and I said,"Come in." The door opened revealing my mother who had a small smile on her face. I noticed that Damien moved away towards the end of the bed.

"Hey, guys. I was going to let you know that we are going out to dinner. Do you guys want something I can bring back?" Mom asked, stepping into my room.

I looked at Damien, and he shook his head. "No ma'am, but thanks."

Mom nodded, understanding,"Okay, well, we're going to head out. Lucy is going with us, by the way."

We nodded, and she left the room, shutting the door behind her. Damien got back into his original spot, and he rested his head on my chest. I wrapped an arm around his shoulders, and I continued to scroll for a movie.

"Y'know," I started as an idea popped in my head. "Since we are both feeling better now and can actually move around, why don't we go out?"

Damien looked up at me with furrowed eyebrows. "Like as in a date?"

I nodded with full confidence. "Yeah. I know somewhere where we can be alone and nobody can see us."