Chapter 50- Better luck next time

'Rachel! Rachel! Rachel!' Mycroft yells through his com.

'Yes Sir'

'Track down the GPS. Ask the team to get down at the next station and follow him. I want him at any cost.'.............. 'Where is Tara?' he asks as he realizes he can't see her in any of the cameras.

'Sir, I think he got her. Her phone is switched off and her com is at the main gate security' she says in a slightly frightened tone.

Mycroft punches the car he has been standing next to, in frustration. How could he not see this coming? His entire plan blew up right in his face. He let the woman he loved, walk right into a trap, and he led her to it. He should've done better. His mother was right, he is very limited. All these thoughts plague his mind.

'Mycroft? What's wrong?' Lady Smallwood shakes him out of his trance.

'The drop has been made' he says without looking at her.

'What did he say? When will he diffuse the bomb?' she asks anxiously

'Nothing, he took her' he said without any emotions. Lady Smallwood had no idea what Tara meant to him but Sherlock and John knew very well. They looked at him with pity, and it was the last thing Mycroft wanted to see.

'My only child..... he has made her an exhibit of his game....... Can't you people do anything about it?' she cried in frustration.

Mycroft didn't have the energy to console her or give her any reassurance. So, John tried. The bomb squad was still evaluating the car.

'Ma'am! Sir! We can get the boot to open without setting the bomb off' one of the bomb specialists called out.

They all ran towards the boot of the car. Sherlock got the boot open only to find it empty. It had the bomb in it but Evonne was not in it.

'Where is my daughter? I've given him what he asked for. Why is he playing with me?' she cried.

'Sir, are you there? Rachel here!' Mycroft heard his com

'Yes. Yes, Rachel. Go!'

'Sir, he has escaped. He was misleading us. He threw the GPS in the sewage and he made the team roam half the city following it.'

Mycroft breathed out, taking out his com and throwing it on the ground.

.........

Lady Smallwood walked into her house, walking straight to the fridge to get some water. It had been an emotionally draining day. Her daughter was the one thing that mattered most to her, and she was terrified of losing her too. She opened the fridge and stood there in shock. A tied-up Evonne fell out of the fridge.

'Oh, Evonne! My baby!' She cried as she held her up calling for help. Evonne was beaten to a bloody pulp.

Lady Smallwood noticed a note stuck on her daughter's head, it said-

'Better luck next time! ;-)'

........

Hey Everyone!

I hope you liked this chapter. If you did, please vote, comment, and follow for more!

Thank you for reading. I hope you're all doing well!

Have a great day!😊