Chapter 8- Surprise? Part-2

Hey Guys! If you like it so far please vote, follow and comment. I am open to your feedback and ideas. I love reading your comments and feedback and I really appreciate them. I'll be posting regularly so if you want to continue reading it don't forget to add it to your library and your reading list. Please share it with others too. :)

Thank you for reading :)

Everyone talked and had dinner. Tara started to cut up the cake. She served everyone a slice and refilled their wine glasses. She noticed that Mycroft had slipped out when everyone was busy in their conversation. She took a slice and followed him.

Back at the house, Greg noticed that both Tara and Mycroft were gone.

'Where are Mycroft and Tara?' He asked.

'Probably sucking faces outside' Sherlock stated with a smug smile.

John thanked his lucky stars that Tara put Rosie to bed before she left. 'Sherlock please' he tried to defend the pair in question.

'You want to see for yourself. Why don't you look out of the window?' Sherlock suggested.

'Sherlock, you can't be serious?' Mrs. Hudson asked in shock.

'Go see for yourself' Sherlock said and pointed towards the window.

..............

Tara found Mycroft smoking in the street. When he saw her, he was about to put it out but she intervened.

'Naah, don't put it out. I could use one' she said as she took the cigarette from him.

'You smoke?' as he saw her take a puff.

'Occasionally but you already know that, don't you?' she teased with a smirk.

Mycroft just shook his head. 'Don't patronize me' he told her.

'You always know everything, Mycroft' She didn't stop and laughed heartily.

He looked at her laugh and a small smile graced his lips, an unusual feeling sat uncomfortably in his chest. He took a deep breath. 'I don't and I can't know everything' Mycroft told her honestly.

'Oh! Come on! Don't be so modest. You're smarter than Sherlock and you're basically the British Government' She said and smacked his arms.

For the first time in his life, he shut off his brain. 'I don't know everything...' he was staring into her onyx eyes. She flushed under his gaze. 'I don't know you... I don't know why I am so drawn to you.' he was taking a giant leap here and he hoped she would take one too. His brother had mentioned him being lonely in the past, but ever since he got to know her, partly in person and partly through her file, he felt lonelier. He was fascinated by her. For the first time in his life, he felt admiration for someone. She was intriguing. This wasn't some woman he barely knew. He knew more about her than anyone could imagine yet she intrigued him.

She swallowed hard when she felt her mouth go dry and slightly parted her lips. They were staring into each other's eyes. Logic had abandoned them both. He mustered all the courage he could and his hand came up to caress her cheek. She couldn't hold herself back any longer. She wrapped her hands around his neck and pulled him down into a kiss. She stopped and looked into his eyes, as if asking 'was I wrong?', 'too fast?', 'too soon?'. He saw the confusion in her eyes and answered by crashing his lips onto hers. Kissing deeper and more passionately with every second. He held onto her like his life depended on it and so did she.

'Have mercy!' she muttered into his lips, making him chuckle. She then smiled and pulled him towards her apartment.

...........

'So... Sherlock was right' Greg stated awkwardly as they all saw the whole scene unravel from the window.

Thank you for reading. If you liked it, please vote.

Edited by- Akshita765