Chapter 45 - You're the love of my life

Tej looks down at the woman in his arms. Her head resting on his chest but he didn't really mind it when Tara used him as a body pillow. She looked so utterly peaceful in her sleep. A woman who grew up sleeping on a king-size bed in a mansion was now sleeping on a lumpy mattress on the floor in his one-bedroom apartment. It wasn't a great house. It was way smaller than what Tara was used to. But she was happy, it was their happy place. But this would only be their first home. Tej kissed her hair, silently promising to give her a better home, to make her just as happy as she made him, and to always be there for her.

After Tara and Tej got married, they graduated from Army Special Forces Academy. They got transferred to different bases. They rose through the ranks and got a transfer to RAW, an Indian Intelligence agency, becoming RAW agents. Tej was a field officer, while Tara's knowledge of computers made her one of the leading data analysts at RAW. Though she was skilled in computers, years of service in the army and training from her dad made her equally skilled on the field. Tej and Tara worked within close proximities of each other, carrying out several successful missions together, making them one of RAW's most valuable operatives.

'Do you think about us having a family?' Tara asked while getting ready for work.

Tej didn't face her, still fixing his tie in the mirror 'I do'

'And?'

'Someday' he stated casually.

'What do you mean someday?' she asked as she got up from the dressing table, getting a little annoyed by her husband's vague answers.

'Nayan, are you pregnant?' he asked slightly scared, turning around to face her.

'No. What? Nooo. It's just that we have been married for seven years now and if not now then when' she asked desperately.

'I do want to start a family with you but there are a lot of factors to consider' he explained himself, getting back to fixing his tie.

'Like what?' she was really annoyed.

'Like our jobs, Nayan. Our life is very dangerous' he told her, turning to face her again.

'Life itself is a risk, Tej. We can handle it. They are three officers posted outside our house right now, nothing is going to happen.' She argued

'Alright! We will discuss this in detail tonight but right now we need to get to the briefing before your father fires both of us' he offered a truce.

She gave him a wide smile and kissed him.

...........

'Eye, that's the only name he goes by. International drug mafia. He doesn't deal in drugs like heroin, or cocaine, he is a mad genius. He makes and invents new drugs. Inventing new performance enhancers that can give a man superhuman strength, and selling them to terrorist organisations.' Shekhar explained the details on the giant screen.

'Why is he called Eye?' Tara asked curiously.

'I was getting to that. Drugs are not the only thing this man deals in. He has sensitive information against major policymakers of this world, using it to control governments and manipulate policies. He sees everything. That is why EYE'

'Do we have facial recognition?' Tej asked

'No one has ever seen him. He has no connection, no family. Absolutely nothing'

'What's our mission?'

'Your mission if you choose to accept it, is to eliminate the target and get his laptop. He carries it at all times. It is the key to his network. This could be the biggest mission of your careers. So, what's the verdict?' Shekhar asked.