Chapter 13: Pain

Mer was 4 months with the twins, being double the size.

She was going to her appointments regularly and nothing terrible was going on with the babies. Only baby b had slightly underdeveloped lungs.

But her body was killing her. She was taking multiple prescriptions and vitamins, but she could barely move.

She didn't want another 5 months of this.

"Mer." Derek was trying to help her. She hadn't slept at all and it was 4 am.

Her whimpers filled the air and he wanted to cry.

"Are you hurting?" He asked as he ran his hand up her back.

"Mhm." She cried.

"Oh Mer." Derek sighed and kept rubbing her back.

"It hurts." She sobbed.

"I know." He whispered, wiping his eyes.

He needed way to make all of her pain go away. Make everything be okay because every little thing was not okay at the moment.

They loved their babies, but they just wanted it all over with.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Carolyn and Christopher were sleeping until Carolyn heard someone crying. Pinpointing right away who it was, she sat up and waited a minute to wake up. After, she climbed out of her bed to head down the hall to where her 3 kids sleep. Mark was currently at a friends house so he didn't hear anything,

"Meredith, Derek?" She knocked as she heard footsteps coming towards the door.

"Hey Ma." Derek said, sounding exhausted. 

"What's going on, are you guys okay?" She questioned, concern written across her features.

"No. Mer is in pain and I want to help but I don't know what to do."

"Oh poor thing. I have a heating pad. That worked wonders for me." She smiled softly.

"Oh my god yes please." He sighed gratefully.

As Carolyn left to grab the heating pad from the linen closet, Derek went back to his position in massaging Meredith's back.

Carolyn came back and helped Meredith and Derek place it correctly. Afterwards, a relieved sigh emitted from Mer's mouth.

"Thank you." she said breathlessly.

"No problem sweetie. get some rest. I love you both."

With that, Carolyn left, leaving a tired couple behind. 

"I love you Mer. and I love you, babies."

Mer smiled and kissed him. "I love you too."

After hearing her snores, he smiled and fell asleep beside her.

 Sorry, its really short.