Chapter 4 || Hustle and Bustle

Friday came fast and the whole house was rushing and bustling. Mr Thompson was locked away in his office, Mrs Thompson was barking out orders all day, Ella was chasing an over excited Avery around the house s she attempted to keep her baby sister as calm as possible and Evelyn was running around the house asking whether she looked okay only to be chased back to her room by Mrs Thompson who always had something bad to say about her appearance. She went back to her room about thousand times and I was relieved when I got the task of handling the rest of the future groom's room.

The room was as elegant as the rest of the house and sported a huge king sized bed in the middle of the room. On either side of the bed were two large windows that over looked the front yard and the room had large brown closets and an attached bathroom like every other room in this house.

"Amelia." Mrs Thompson called, coming into the room just as I finished putting the last pillow onto the bed. "How far are you?" She asked.

"I believe I'm done Mrs Thompson." I answered, standing to the side so she could see for herself and bark out another order.

"Good." She stated after a while and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Now go and help Elizabeth with the dining room. The chairs by the window still needs to be polished."

"Yes Mrs Thompson." I said lowering my head as I moved past her to leave the room.

Just as I stepped foot into the foyer, Avery ran a circle around me before running up the stairs. Ella groaned in frustration as she screamed after her and I bit my lip to start a giggle from escaping my lips. I was about to turn into the dining area when the doorbell sounded and two dark figures appeared behind the blurry window on the door.

It couldn't be him could it? It was way too early and there was still a lot to prepare. Mrs Thompson would chop our heads off if it were him and the house still wasn't ready for his arrival. With shaky hands I climbed the three steps up to the door and turned the door handle down. When I pulled the door open and realised who it was, a huge sigh of relieve escape my lips before I could stop it.

"Mr and Mrs Astor. Welcome." I greeted respectfully, stepping to the side so the first daughter of Mr Thompson and her frowning husband could enter.

Harper rushed to the door first and reached for their coats.

"Thank you." Sofia smiled, ushering Jackson to hand over his blue blazer that matched her blue silk dress.

"You know, I've missed you two." Sofia giggled, raising her brow.

My cheeks flushed in embarrassment as I nodded slowly. Sofia was the kind one of them all and I knew that Avery followed in her oldest sister's footsteps.

"You don't like the help we have at home?" Jackson frowned causing her to giggle with a shake of her head.

"Jackson, the help at home is fine. I just missed home." She shrugged and he nodded understandingly.

"Sofia!" A loud squeaky voice followed by loud footsteps stopped Jackson from replying.

I turned and saw Avery running down the stairs with Ella just a few feet behind her. The frown from earlier now replaced with a wide grin. It was rare for a teenager to grin so it really surprised me.

"There's my favorite sister!" Sofia exclaimed, bending down to Avery's height and grabbed her into a huge hug.

"Hey!" Ella exclaimed. "What about me?" She asked with the widest grin on her face.

"You can be second." Sofia joked with a roll of her eyes. "I missed you so much." She added, hugging Ella.

Avery's "Sofia's home" cheers must've notified the rest of the family because now the entire family came rushing to the door.