Chapter 9: Mind Game

It's been more than a month now since (Y/n) was allowed to leave the hospital. A lot happened since then. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. For starters, the misunderstanding between (Y/n) and I now all sorted out. Chris told him about how things were in the office and the first thing he does after he got out is to settle the problem out. He just enters the office and asks for everyone's attention and he told about what happened that day.

After he makes a brief speech for his return he continues, "I know that you all think me and Jill is a thing now. Wich is impossible seeing how our only female members of STARS act around men." He said jokingly, "But trust me, as I wish that true as much as everyone else. I'm sorry to inform you that it's not."

The whole room was filled with doubt as soon as that words come out of his mouth, they didn't believe him.

"The truth is, I was dead drunk that night. When I finished the paperwork I got too much drink and collapse in the middle of the street." He continues, " Jill found me and she didn't know what to do. So she brought me to her apartment giving me shelter. Since it was raining that day she takes off my clothes and lay me on the bed. Just that, unfortunately, nothing exciting happened."

I was a bit surprised when he said that, because I know he was lying. I didn't remember it like that. Why would he lie about it? But somehow, how he tells the story and how the words got out seems convincing. And everyone actually believes it, well... except for one person of course.

"What!?" Barry raised a question, "Okay that explains why you in her bed naked, but that didn't explain why Jill didn't have a cloth on her?"

I was nervous as everyone starts doubting (Y/n)'s statement. Did this will only make things worse or I was just about to enter another pain in the ass situation. I look at (Y/n) who stays calm, he didn't even budge when someone tries to doubt his lie. He just smirks and said, "Guys, it's Barry we're talking about here. You sure you actually see her naked? Or it's just your imagination? I mean, it's not a new thing that you came into the office almost late and still have a hangover after a night out, eh?"

Brad hums before turning to Barry, "Now that you mention it, isn't the day before that you stay up late again at the bar?"

"Huh!? No, I don't!"

"Oh yes, you are! I still remember it clearly since that was the day you said that you're going to pay for the drink. Instead, you made it into a drinking game and make me pay for everything... again." Brad finished with a sigh.

Barry was about to raise a protest but he paused and think for a sec, "Hmm... I can't really remember..."

"See what I mean?" (Y/n) continues to smirk as if he knows that this would happen.

Now this time everyone starts to doubt Barry. They look at him asking for confirmation. But Barry just raised his hands, "O-Okay... I actually don't really remember seeing Jill naked. But I thought she was, okay."

Some of the boys having a facepalm while the others just sigh, because it appears that the shocking news Barry told them was not so true after all.

"So that concludes it then. Our only female STARS member is still a virgin." (Y/n) said jokingly.

My face getting red as everyone else in the room start laughing. I see (Y/n) who join everyone else in a laugh, it appears that not even a single person in this room sees how red I was. Well, except for (Y/n) who share a brief look at me and wink. After that, everything just turns to how it was before that accident. (Y/n) keep doing his thing, which is to stand out from everything. While I back to my routine and free from all the teasing.

During the lunch break, I saw (Y/n) walking upstairs to the roof. I followed him and saw that he was laying his back on the fence and taking a sip from his coffee can. He is alone up here. I guess no one brother comes to the rooftop when the sun is so hot.