Fifty Five

*since I couldn't give y'all a double update...here you go^.^*

I was in a loss for words. My body steeling itself while my mind went abruptly blank. Levi stands before me, awaiting my reaction.

It was as though my voice failed me as well as my ability to show any sort of emotion. His words rang louder through me than he thinks.

Strip for me.

Was he in the right state of mind? In just a mere few hours I had come to realize how confusing he was and how difficult liking him is. There were many things he did that drove me to rage while other parts of him had me melting.

However, this was a time of I should be angry by his order or even consider complying. I did say I would do anything to make him believe I wasn't in love with Edward. But this—this was a step over the line.

"Levi, I–"

"You what?" He challenges gruffly. "You can't take you clothes off?"

"I-it's not that," I splutter. "It's just that you're asking too much."

He scoffs at my words as if they were a weak excuse. His eyes glowed darker, the frown upon his lips only becoming deeper. I try my best to calm my anxious heart.

"Didn't you say you'll do anything to make me believe you don't have feelings for that loser?"

"I did but, I never thought you would say this."

"How else am I supposed to know you don't like him?" He snaps. Somehow that triggered an ignition in me.

Does he truly think that seeing me strip myself before him would really make him realize the truth I spoke? No, he was just toying with me. Degrading me like he always does. This time, I wasn't having it.

"Levi, I'm not doing that," I murmur, with my chin held high. "Don't treat me like I'm a whore out in the streets."

Levi narrows his eyes clearly displeased by my behavior. He clicks his tongue, "You're a spoiled brat, you know that? You're over here begging me to understand that you don't like him and when I ask you to do this simple thing you throw a fit."

"It's not a simple thing, Levi!" I explode. "Giving you my body and the enjoyment of seeing me naked isn't what I'll do to get you to believe me! How dare you tell me to do such a thing after the way you acted these past couple days?!"

"I've acted nothing but civil around you."

"Oh, bullshit! You degraded me in front of my Commander and continued to do so when I said I was looking out for Edward. You ignored me the past couple days. You even treated me so coldly this morning despite what you did for me last night! You made me feel like shit when I don't even deserve such behavior!"

"Don't play victim, Emma!" Levi roars. "Haven't you stopped to consider how all this affects me?"

"Affect you in what way?" I scoff. "You're an emotionless being with a heart of stone. When we kiss, you feel nothing. When we held onto each other you didn't care. Hell, you don't even care when a fallen comrade dies in the heat of battle!"

I was sure I saw a flicker of shock spark in his silver eyes but I didn't care. I was done with these games and if this was a way for him to understand me then so be it. I would ignore the ache in my chest so he can learn to respect me.

"So, don't give me that, Levi. I know you and whatever game you're playing at with me needs to stop. I hate how you treat me. I deserve some respect like you said. Don't be a hypocrite."