s i x

Chapter Six:

Chapter Six:

"Lady (Y/N), someone is outside waiting for you," a student said making you face them. "Oh, thank you" you stood up and grabbed your lunchbox before walking out of the classroom to see Taehyung leaning against the wall. "What are you doing here, Mister? Shouldn't you be in class?" You asked. He looks away from you and spoke. "I have a free period and I heard you have lunch now...so..."

A giggle escaped from your mouth, making his cheeks warm. "If you want to eat with me, you can just ask. It's not like I'm going to say no. Now come along, Little Bear" you smiled and took his head.

The two of you walked through the hallway still holding his hand. You normally eat your lunch near your favorite tree since it's peaceful. As the two of you walked, people took glances. Taehyung felt shy about having their attention even though he is a senior.

Prince Jungkook was walking through the hallway with his assistant when he stopped to see you and your senior, holding hands. He watched as you walked right past him, not even looking at him yet Taehyung did. The prince gave his senior a death glare before walking.

You arrived at your favorite tree and immediately took a seat on the warm grass. The young man took a seat next to you and stared at you as you started unpacking your lunch. "Do you happen to always eat here?" Taehyung asked. You nodded before taking a bit of your sandwich. "It's very beautiful" he looks around.

"It is. I found it when I got lost during my first day here. Since then I always come here to eat and study" You smiled. Taehyung looks at his hands, nervous to ask you something yet he took the courage and spoke. "Can we talk about what happened at the ball?" He asked.

You stopped yourself from taking another bite and looked at him. "How did you know about my older sister? No one in the whole academy knows about it" he asked. "I can tell if someone is suffering from their body language and eyes" you lied yet he believed it. "I did what you told me...she was taken far away from us. My father was frustrated at first yet he realized how much I changed after she left"

"That's good to hear" you smiled. "What about you? Didn't you say you get abuse by your stepmother and brothers?" He asked. You took a deep sighed before looking up at the sky. "She still tries to yet I always stand up from myself. It's fun getting underneath her skin. With my step-brothers, I tend to make them jealous of me. I did take Namjoon's spot as number one" you winked at Taehyung.

"Does your father know the way they're treating you?" and you nodded. "He does but doesn't care since he's deeply in love with my stepmother. He gets angry at me for behaving rudely towards them but I don't care. After all, I will be leaving the house once I reach 18"

"You won't be head of your household?" you shake your head. "No, my half brother will which I'm fine with. I want to live in a peaceful cottage. Living the single life" You smiled.

"Have you thought of your future, Little Bear? I mean you are the future household of the Kims"
you said. "I have, but I haven't thought of marriage yet. I want to wait for the right person, you know" Taehyung said looking at you. "I'm sure you'll find them soon. Just don't stop looking" you said.

"I won't"

———

You were sleeping peacefully in your bed after a long day of practicing your magic until you heard a loud bang on your door. You sighed and got up from bed to open the door. As you were opening the door, you rubbed your eyes to get a better view. "What are you doing here?" You asked, surprised to see Taehyung standing in front of you.

"Can I stay here?" He asked. "What happened to your room? You know, I can get in trouble for this if anyone sees us?" and he nods. "I know but my roommates were getting annoying and I had no other place to sleep. It's just for tonight" he begs you.

"Fine, come inside" you opened the door widely. He walks inside and immediately jumped into your bed. "I guess I'll take the couch then" you grabbed a pillow and blanket as Taehyung got comfortable in your bed.

The following morning Taehyung woke up early, knowing that he has to run out of here without anyone seeing him. He immediately gets up and looks at you sleeping peacefully on the couch. He chuckles and walks towards you. His brown eyes stare down at your face. Taehyung lifts you and carries you onto your bed. He covers you with the blanket, making sure you're warm.

"Thank you once again" he smiles before leaving your room.

What he didn't see was Anne who happened to wake up early to wash her clothing. She was quite surprised to see Taehyung walk out of your room. A seventeen-year-old and sixteen-year-old in a room alone. It was shocking.

' Does Prince Jungkook know about this? Should I tell him? '

~

Before class started, Anne headed towards the council's room where Prince Jungkook was there with his assistant. " oh, Lady Anne how can I help you?" He asked smiling at her. "W-Well, Your Highness I believe I saw your girlfriend committing adultery with one of the seniors," she said. The prince was confused with what she said. He clearly remembers that he wasn't seeing anyone. Well not now to be exact.

"Sir Taehyung walked out of Lady (Y/N)'s room this morning" Anne explained. The prince clenched his fists, now understanding what she meant. "I'll speak to her once I get the chance. Thank you" he said.

"No problem, Your Highness. I just want to help the future King" she smiles. "Can you fetch me Sir Kim Taehyung please?" He asked his assistant who nodded and ran off.

The prince dismissed Anne and waited patiently for him to arrive in the room.  After a while, Taehyung walked inside to see Prince Jungkook frustrated. "You wanted to speak to me, your Highness?" He asked. "Yes, I do. I was informed that you were in Lady (Y/N)'s room the whole night" Prince Jungkook said, making Taehyung's eyes widened.

"By your facial expression, it's true. I assume you two didn't do anything since I know how (Y/N) is. She would never like a weak man like you" Prince Jungkook said.

"Excuse me?"  The prince chuckled and walked towards Taehyung. "I'm only going to say this once so you better listen carefully"

"If you continue to act like this towards her, then I will have to take this to my father"