47

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camilla's POV

Days ago I had asked her if Damon was hers. Obviously he wasn't, but now I'm finding out that she does have a son, it just wasn't Damon. I didn't understand the concept of her father taking her own child off her just so she would behave, it made no sense. Going to that level of extreme would only ever cause more of a rebellion. But what I found weirder was that Charlie had actually taught herself to trust him, she truly believed in him when I first met them, but after all that, how could she result in that?

I didn't understand, but I wasn't willing to ask her either, because now, all that would be running her mind right bow if I was her would be finding that kid. I wasn't going to interrupt that just because I was curious, I would find out eventually anyway.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Charlie's POV

Today was the day.

The day where everything changes.
Where I'll never be alone again.Where I become a mum. A real mum.

I felt almost unprepared for the day ahead of me. Was I ready to take on such a big role? Personally, I had doubts in myself, but I knew that I would drop everything for my child. I couldn't believe that he wad alive this whole time and I never knew about it .

I can't even begin to imagine the pressure it would've had on my mum, knowing this and not telling me.

I hadn't actually spoke to her since we had gotten back because she just hadn't shown up anywhere to talk to me. I thought it was best to leave her be, if she needed space I'd give it her. She was my mum. I understand that sometimes mums need a break, Damon's mum shows me that often.

All I knew, is that I wanted my son. I needed him. I had missed out on half of his childhood for what? A stupid lesson that I'd learnt years ago when his dad left me. I needed him.

----------

There was a knock at my door as I sat on the sofa, just staring out the window. I jumped up and sprinted to the door, grabbing hold of the handle and yanking it open, the excitement taking over me.

"Charlie? What are you doing wearing that? Get changed dear, we've got to meet the judge at the hospital." Mr Henderson ordered, shooing me into my bedroom.

I rushed to get ready, changing into a pair of black jeans, a white, loose blouse and my air force. I stretched across the bed to grab my phone and rushed back out to Mr Henderson waiting patiently at the front door with two bottles of water and a bag of crisps. He smiled once he noticed me and took my phone, grabbed a coat and the keys from the side, chucking them at me as we went out the door.

Once we reached the car, he put my coat in the boot, considering it was quite warm today, and got in the car.

After a while in the car, we arrived at the hospital, the very same one where Camilla worked. It was quite a weird feeling actually. A sense of deja vu in a way, but obviously this time I wasn't here protecting anyone, I was here finding someone. Crazy how things change.

"The judge said to meet him at the DNA clinic. Come on." Mr Henderson ushered me through the corridors, taking a few minutes to find it but overall fast.

"Mr Henderson, Miss Monaco. I've managed to set up a DNA test for you. You should have the results back in about 3-5 days but if they come back inconclusive, you'll be expected to come back for another test." He explained.

I nodded in understanding and he led us to the waiting room where him and Mr Henderson left to go to an office to fill out the forms and so on.

A few people dotted around the room, but it was considerably quiet. The only noise easy to notice would be the woman sat on a phone call practically screaming down the person's ear and the slight background noise from the tv.

I was just glad there wasn't loads of people in here, because then I would had to have sat next to someone and most likely have to listen to why they were here, why I was here and who they were looking for, what they had for dinner and blah blah blah.

I really could not wrap my had around this whole situation. For seven years, I thought my dad had killed my child, and he'd let me believe that. Now, I have learnt that he didn't hurt him, he took him away from me, meaning he had no idea who I was or any bond with me whatsoever. And right this second, I'm sat waiting for a DNA test which was crucial in finding where he was. Could things get any weirder. Anyone want to ask me to marry them ? Become extinct?

"Miss Monaco?" A voice echoed through the room, gaining a few people's attention purely because of the distraction.

I stood and went in the direction of the voice, rounding the corner and bumping into someone.

And it turned out, things could get weirder.