|11|: An unexpected surprise

~a few days later~

  Slowly but surely, Hiromi was recovering. It was hard, but Hiromi had an endless outpouring of love and support, not just from the host club and Nekozawa, but also from the entire student body.

  They had heard what had happened, and they all sent her well wishes and gift baskets. And when I say all, I mean all the students.

The Fujioka apartment was filled to the brim with gift baskets and get well cards. There was barely any room to move around. It overwhelmed her father, but it made Hiromi extremely happy. Because it showed her just how much everyone cared about her.

  Riko had been expelled from school, with numerous apologies from both her parents and Tamaki's father for letting something like what happened to Hiromi occur in the first place.

  Hiromi's leg had been returned to her, and now she was able to walk around again, much to her relief.

She made up for lost time by walking laps all around Ouran, familiarizing herself with the gorgeous campus. Occasionally, Nekozawa would join her on her walks, and they would walk hand in hand.

They were an official couple, but that was a fact known only to her family. The host club assumed that they were just good friends. Hiromi knew that if Tamaki and the twins found out about her relationship with Nekozawa, that they'd become super overprotective.

Ever since the incident with Riko, everyone had been super doting and protective over Hiromi. She appreciated the care, but she also felt a little smothered. But Nekozawa was different. Sure, he was protective of his girlfriend, but he also knew when to give her a little space and breathing room. He didn't hover over her shoulder 24/7, just waiting for an opportunity to save her from any kind of danger. This was one of the many reasons why Hiromi was in love with Nekozawa.

~A few days later~

Hiromi sat on a sofa, sipping tea and chatting with guests. After seeing how well she interacted with Haruhi's guests the other day, the host club had decided to start training Hiromi as the first official hostess of the club. She would shadow the different members of the club, learning the trade. And to no one's surprise, she was a natural... just like her sister.

She mostly spent her time entertaining guests with her sister, who was less than thrilled that her sister was being forced to host. Hiromi on the other hand, was ecstatic to be able to host, and she felt honored that the club wanted her to join them.

As much as she loved being the footman for the host club, she liked working with her fellow members even more. She had proved to be very adaptable and talented at everything she tried.

No matter who she was paired with, Hiromi was able to work seamlessly with that host, and she easily fell into any role that she played. Her adaptability was incredible.

The guests had dubbed her the "colorful type" for her bright and happy disposition. She always managed to bring more sunshine and happiness to the other members acts.

"So Hiromi, how does it feel to be an actual hostess now?" One of Haruhi's guests inquired. Hiromi thought for a moment before smiling brightly. "It's feels amazing! Everyone here has been so welcoming and kind to me, they've really made me feel like part of the family. I feel so blessed to be here." She said with a serene smile on her face. The guests blushed and squealed about how perfect Hiromi was, and how she was like a ray of sunshine.

"My darling daughter, it means so much to me that you think of us as your family!" Tamaki exclaimed dramatically before scooping up Hiromi in a big hug.

Unlike her sister who would fight against the physical contact, Hiromi giggled and hugged Tamaki back tightly. She felt so at peace with him. He was indeed like her second father; and unlike Haruhi who was always unamused by Tamaki referring to himself as her father, Hiromi didn't really have a problem with it. She soaked up the love she received and accepted each of the host club members unique personalities with open arms and zero hesitation.

Tamaki put Hiromi down and then smiled at her. "That reminds me Hiromi, we have something for you." He said happily. Hiromi arched a brow in curiosity.

The club members gathered around and Tamaki held out a box to Hiromi. "Sorry that it took us so long to give this to you." Hikaru said awkwardly. Hiromi was even more curious after that remark.

She took the box from Tamaki and opened it. To her absolute astonishment and delight, she found her pink sweater inside the box... completely repaired.

"How... how is this possible? The sweater was shredded." Hiromi questioned in quiet disbelief.

"We gathered up the pieces and had a top seamstress fix it. The best money could buy. She fixed it up good as new." Kyoya explained. Hiromi's eyes teared up.

"What's wrong Hi chan, do you not like it?" Honey asked nervously. Hiromi chuckled and wiped the tears from her eyes. "It's quite the opposite Honey Senpai. I absolutely love it. You guys have no idea how much this means to me." Hiromi responded as she put the sweater on. She smiled brightly, happy to have her favorite item of clothing back. "You guys are amazing, I can't thank you enough." She said gratefully. The members of the Host club smiled proudly.

"There's actually one more surprise for you." Tamaki said. "I don't need anything else. I have everything I could ever need." Hiromi said as she shook her head. Tamaki smirked. "Are you sure, because this surprise is even better than the first one." He said.

Hiromi arched a brow. "I find that hard to believe." She challenged playfully. Tamaki smiled. "This is a gift from the chairman of Ouran actually." He explained. Hiromi's eyes widened. "Huh?" She muttered in surprise. Tamaki chuckled.

"After a lengthy discussion with my father and approval from yours, the chairman of this school has invited you to attend here as a student... free of charge." He announced.

Both Haruhi and Hiromi looked at Tamaki in shock.

"N-nani?!"

____________________________________

* I'm back everyone! Sorry that I haven't updated in a while, I was having some trouble with motivation; plus my new meds for anxiety made it really hard for me to eat and sleep, so I had no energy for a while. But now that my body has gotten used to them and I'm feeling better, I can get back to writing again.

I apologize for the short chapter, I'm getting back into the swing of things.

Also, I have a few new stories that I'm gonna start working on and publishing, so be on the lookout for them.

Okay, that's all for now. Until next time my fellow caffeine addicts!