52. On the battlefield

It's odd how twenty-four hours ago I would never presume I would be in the middle of shouting between Andrew and his father, and how one hour ago I would never imagine things could be even worst between us than it was before.

But everything is possible, and here I am to prove it. Once again.

Swaying my head from one side to another, hearing them discussing with each other as enemies and not as father and son. If the man wasn't the replica of an old Andrew, I wouldn't believe myself he is his father.

He called me a whore before I even present myself. Ok, I have opened the door with the worst combination of clothes possible, Andrew's shirt and small shorts, still, no reason to call me that.

He stared at me with so much disgust I got shocked and couldn't defend myself, and once Andrew entered the room, they started immediately to yell at each other. I couldn't inform him how his father treated me, not after witnessing their instant fight.

That their relationship is bad is an understatement, I, in fact, believe their relation is inexistent. And well considering the last minutes I'm hearing him I don't blame Andrew.

After five minutes in the middle of their screaming with each other, I decide to move to Andrew's room. I for sure need to change my clothes and as well prepare my luggage to leave. I'm considering leaving and taking a taxi right now, avoiding further problems.

Andrew is not my favorite person at the moment, but his father has exceeded any bad expectations, I wouldn't dismiss the opportunity to avoid being in the same room as their debate.

So, I'm here arranging my clothes in my luggage as fast as I can, after a shower where I still could hear them arguing. Yeah, that loud.

Before leaving the living room I had a glance for Andrew's shampoo around the room, however, it wasn't there anymore and I miss the opportunity of taking it as a souvenir.

Andrew is on the verge of his life, I have never seen him as agitated, as mad as I just saw him, and I'm considering bypassing it without halting their discussion, avoiding goodbyes, and simply leaving this hell. I'm not ready to hear any other remark coming from his father, I still couldn't forget the last one...

Not sure what was worst, being called a whore or knowing I'm just another girl in Andrew's bed.

Although when I enter the battlefield, having my luggage in my hands Andrew's head snaps directly at me earning him a frown. My hands sweating and my mouth dry, I stare back at him not knowing what to say.

Because it seems like the goodbye, the last time I'm seeing him, and instead of words the only thing leaving me is a tear, a single one, alone as I'm feeling right now.

"It can wait, I will take Kelsey to the airport," I hear him, turning his head and informing his father.

"Go, and no need to come back, you are signing your way out the company," his father informs him, emotionless.

Andrew sighs, shifting his head between me and his father, and even if I dislike him right now, I wouldn't want him to lose his job or worsen his relationship with his father, plus I don't want to be in a car alone with him either. Not after our fight and his father's statement.

"I will take a taxi", I inform him heading to the door, the air is so heavy in here I can barely breathe.

"No", Andrew places himself in front of me, taking his phone and calling someone.

I watch him as he starts speaking, "Hey Di, can you come here?" He asks through the phone, his hand on the back of his head while he is staring at me.