47. In the expectancy

"Kelsey?"

"Andrew?" It's stupid to ask, but I need to be sure. I'm afraid my mind is playing a trick on me.

"Give me your email address." That's the first fucking thing he asks me and I don't comprehend why I don't simply turn the call off.

"What?"

"Your email address," he asks again, annoyed. He's audacious enough to show annoyance!

Probably it's my curiosity that drives me to provide him my email address without further explanations. And keep me on the line waiting for him, who takes a minute before talking again.

"Ok, check your email." I don't bother asking. I take a deep breath and set the call on speaker, while I use my phone to look at my email.

"Uh..." I haven't bought tickets to any match, especially not in London.

"There's a ticket to PSG and Chelsea's game..." I say unsure, not believing in my eyes at this time.

"Yeah," he replies and I can sense he's smiling.
It's obvious he bought the tickets, but the game is in London. I know the match PSG versus Chelsea is unmissable and has cost him a fortune. Although, it's still more expensive for me to fly to London only to watch a match. It would be a hell of expensive game.

"It's in London."

"Check your email again." It's all he responds to my statement. I sigh before I do it again.

"What the fuck?" I check the email twice. I close it and open it again, to be sure. It must be a mistake, or I'm probably still dreaming. "A ticket to London?"

"Yeah, if you can come, of course! Friday is a bank holiday so I thought it's a good moment..." His last sentence didn't resemble him at all. It was unsure, insecure, not the usual conceited Andrew.

"No, I've nothing planned." I respond automatically, without thinking. I couldn't miss this opportunity.

We remain silent for a moment while I'm digesting the information. It's a lot to take at four in the morning when half of my brain is still off. Then I hear someone on the back, calling Andrew and him groaning.

"I have to go. You have to fill your information for the flight. Don't forget." He orders.

"Oh, Kelsey?"

"Uh?"

"Happy birthday." Once again, I could sense the smile on his face providing a smile to mine. I thank him and hang up.

My heart is racing. It's four twenty now and I should go back to sleep. It takes a moment but by a miracle, I'm able to fall back asleep and only wake up again with my alarm.

At the same time the alarm starts ringing, questions start popping into my head. First I thought it was all a dream but then I check my email once again and the tickets are there, proving the fact.

Then other questions come. Nothing is ever clear with Andrew and he never informs me if I have a place to stay there or not. I don't even know if he would be there. He didn't mention anything. I have the number he called me, but I don't feel comfortable enough asking if I'll stay with him. He has already bought my tickets to go and for the match.

Tuesday I decide to reserve a cheap hostel to be sure I'll have a place to stay. I can cancel it in case Andrew has something already planned. Better being sure and avoid sleeping on London streets.

It's when I notice Char, Brandon, Liam, and Dani on the bleachers before my match that I realized I lack an excuse to tell Char as well. He'll notice I'll be away the entire weekend and I chew my already dry lips, being nervous again.