CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER 6

DANTE ARMEL

I don't remember when did I fell asleep last night after talking to Adrian, waking up in the morning I got dressed for my work. Since I didn't have anything for dinner last night Charlotte said that she wouldn't let me leave unless I have a proper breakfast.

After attending a meeting, when I finally entered my office room, I saw someone sitting waiting for me.

"Well I would be lying if I said I was expecting you." I said.

But I was happy that he's here after everything happened.

Eth turned around and got up from his seat when he saw me "Well then I guess I really like to give surprises."

"So, we're good?" I asked.

"Of course we are."

"Cool." I was making my way towards my chair when Eth said.

"I have to agree you are really good at pretending."

I stopped on my track and turned around with a confused look "What?"

"That night. Remember you yelled at Em?"

"It wasn't an act Eth. I do hate her."

Or do I?

"Do you really?"

"Stop it. I don't want to talk about her."

Eth smiled "Of course you don't."

"Why are you even here Eth?" I asked.

He shrugged "Maybe because I have to keep my sister away from those tears of her."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He came closer to me "What do you want Dante?"

My brows furrowed.

"Which side of you is real towards her? This that you pretend in front of everyone or that one which I saw yesterday."

My eyes widened I turned around so I wouldn't have to face him "I don't know what are you talking about."

"Oh, you don't? So the graveyard thing you don't know anything about that?"

"No. Now please just get out."

"Stop following my sister." Eth stood in front of me looking me in the eyes. "Stop following Em."

"I didn't."

"Really? Such a liar. I know Dante, I know that it's you who follow her everytime she goes to your mother's grave. For the past 6 years you've been following her."

I remained silent.

Well that happens when you are caught lying.

"It was always you."

"So what? That's my mother I can go whenever I feel like. Don't make this coincidence some shitty reason calling I follow her."

"Stop lying. Just stop it. I know you still care for her. You may try to act like you hate her but deep inside you too know this you can't hate her."

"Fucking stop Eth. I hate her and that's the truth. End of the story."

"Then why do you always follow her to your mother's grave? And it's not a fucking coincidence. I've seen you many times."

I remained quiet.

"Stop being an asshole and answer me."

"Because that's the place where she is all alone, where you all are not there to protect her."