Chapter 13

Vanessa's POV:

Today was the day.

I finally started trial for my divorce.

My fingers rubbed against my exhausted eyelids as I stumbled into the bathroom.

Getting out of bed, I started my morning routine by brushing my teeth and washing my face before putting on some moisturizer and sunscreen.

When I finished, I quickly dressed in the ensemble that Tam picked out for me.

"You need a outfit to wear, one that shows that you aren't bothered at all about this divorce.

You need something that encompasses how bold, sexy, and powerful you are. Just wait here." She said while heading into her closet.

I waited patiently on the bed while Tam was raging around in her closet.

After a few minutes of waiting, I looked up from my phone to see Tam carrying a hanger with clothing on it.

"Give me a second, I need to get the shoes." She said ducking back into her closet after placing the clothes on the bed.

I got up and examined the clothing to see a pair of red dress pants with a black lace lop.

"Here you go." Tam said as she placed the shoe box on her bed.

I opened it to see a pair of black heels.

"And for the final touch." A beautiful black fur coat was placed in front of me.

Her outfit (I couldn't find one with a fur coat) :(

"Every lady needs a fur coat," She stated knowingly. "It's the perfect finishing touch."

"It is." I agreed.The fur coat added a elegant allure to my outfit that I didn't think I needed.

She was right, I looked bold, and powerful. And I surely felt that way as well.

Standing in front of the full length mirror, I whispered "You look good."

I grabbed the sticky note that was atop of the mirror.

"The outfit doesn't make the character, the person wearing it does. Have a great day xoxo." I smiled.

Once my heels were on, I went down the stairs to find something quick to eat and leave.

Grabbing a granola bar and water bottle, I rushed to my car wanting to get to the courthouse early.

"No negative thoughts." I chanted over and over in my head.

When I got to the courthouse, Pablo was waiting for me as I walked in.

"You look great." He whispered in my ear as we fistbumped.
"Thank you. You look nice as well." I whispered back. He looked sharp in his crisp navy suit.