10; Daddy Issues Aren't The Only Issue Tonight

𝙾𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝟿𝚝𝚑, 𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢
Miles POV

Wind whistles around the car as we fly down the open road. There's nothing around us except an open, winding road, palm trees, and the ocean crashing to the right.

That party-from-hell is old news now and far behind us. As I downshift, I fight the urge to keep driving us as far away from this city as possible. It might be the alcohol talking, but I'm ready to drive Parker and me all the way to Utah. Anywhere away from here.

Switching my feet between the pedals, I glance at Parker as I drop my speed down to the limit. "Hey man, are you okay?"

It wasn't the smartest move for me to steal the high school's star athlete and take him on a high-speed ride. Since I can think a little clearer, I also remember him cursing the hell out of that situation. I'll need to wave fuckin' incense around my car later to clear the foul language.

Parker shrugs, except the movement is more like a quick jerk. "I'm alive, so I think that's good enough. You know. Considering the circumstances."

"Considering the circumstances," I echo and chuckle. "C'mon, you were the one insisting on hopping in here with me."

"That's only because I thought my stupidity would make you rethink your stupidity."

I kiss my teeth and take my hand off the gear shifter to whack his shoulder. "You're a dumber bitch than I thought! When I dig my graves, I don't leave them empty, man."

Parker finally laughs and smacks my hand away. "I realize that now! Hey, pay attention to the road, could you? You're probably still wasted on all those substances. Just because we got away from everyone doesn't mean we're suddenly safe from harm."

"Perdóname. Trying to lighten the mood here, brother." I toss Parker a quick grin, which gets me a flustered blush in response. My grin gets wider as I look back at the road. "You cool if I pull over a minute?"

Before I could even snap my fingers, Parker sits all tense and upright. It's the same way he held himself when he got in with me.

"Why?" He demands and self-consciously grabs at the bottom hem of his shirt.

"Because I need to piss, and we need to lay low for a bit in case the five-o comes around searching for our asses." By the way Parkers eyes widen, I quickly add to my sentence. "I'm not saying that they will— I think we fooled them— I only want to take a precaution. Cool?"

Parker's eyebrows furrow, and I wait for him to say the inevitable, No. Bring me home.

"Fine, whatever. That's cool... Er, fine with me."

I nod and slow down as the next parking entrance comes up. Carefully, I ease my car onto the packed sand. The last parking lot was a paved luxury. This one is redneck as hell, and I pray we won't get stuck as I park behind the hill.

Parker and I unbuckle at the same time. He gets out fast as if I kidnapped him and decided to dump him on the side of the road. I take the key out of the ignition before hopping out and walking a few yards down the hill to take care of my business.

It only takes a moment, so I pull my trunks back up and walk over to where Parker is standing on the other side of my car. His face is tilted up to the sky, admiring the starry night.