| 31 |

In a way it was a relief to be back in the usual ways of working, just with a tad bit more paper work this time. I felt comfortable when walking down the hallways of the house, if you look beside the fact that I often met Nari, who would ask me about Sunghoon all the time. Apparently he had banished her from his office, because she kept barging in.

"Mr. Park?" I called out and knocked on the office door.

"Enter," he called out making me hum before opening the door and walking straight up to his desk.

"More papers arrived this morning," I stated and extended the papers towards him.

He frowned at the papers and grabbed them before gesturing to the chair across from him. I silently sat down as he looked through the papers.

"Ah... the meeting is set," he excused with a small smile, "can I get you to arrange a dinner meeting in the dining room for this Saturday?"

"Of course," I hummed and grabbed a notepad from his desk as well as a pen, "what should the dinner be?"

"Work your magic," he stated and glanced up at me with a small smirk as I quickly noted it down.

"And the wine?"

"Red."

"Time of the meeting?"

"7.00 pm."

"Atendees?"

"Sang, Han, Oh, Kwon," he listed for me and I arched a brow at him, "I'm cutting the contract on that evening... oh, and you'll be attending as well."

"Of course, I'll be standing to the side if you need anything," I hummed and noted the names down.

"No. You're my assisstant as much as my maid now," he clarified and folded his hands in front of him, "that means you're also responsible for having the papers needed, in order, as well as writing down the most important points of the meeting. As you've done before."

"Very well," I nodded and noted it down as well, "anything else that's needed mr. Park?"

"You don't need to address me like that when it's just the two of us," he assured with a small smile.

"We're under working conditions at the current time, I'll be professional and address you as I should," I assured him making him let out a small 'tsk' before leaning back in his chair and keeping his stare on me.

"Tell me how you got it," he stated.

"Pardon?"

"The burn," he nodded towards my wrists, "how'd you get it?"

"My brother and I was going to burn a few of dad's things," I excused, "and he just found it entertaining to burn me with one of his cigs before using it to start the fire. He claimed he wanted to see if a witch really would burn."

"Hm," he hummed and frowned towards my wrist, "and once this month is over?"

"I'll look for a job," I calmly shrugged, "there's a convenience store I know the owner of. I can work there."

"Doesn't pay well," he stated.

"It'll do."

"Where'd you live? You let go of the appartment, and I doubt your brother actually has one," he pointed out to me, "and you haven't promised to move in here yet."

"I'll figure out something."

"So you're rejecting me?" I frowned at him in confusion of his statement, "you won't move in once your work period is done. Should I then marry Nari?"

"I don't think I should be taking this decision yet," I shook my head, "if I accept your offer it means you will call of the wedding, without knowing for sure how the future is gonna look."

"No one ever knows how the future is gonna look," he reminded and let out a sigh before looking out over his window for a moment before looking back at me, "but if risking to live lonely for the rest of my life for the possibility of actually having you for just a short time... then I won't hesitate taking that risk."

"What are you saying exactly?" I frowned at him in confusion making him sigh and lean his arms on his desk.

"Even if you'll only stay for a short time with me after this month, it'll have been worth it even if I'll have to die alone," he repeated, "I don't care if it's only gonna be a week, a day, an hour that I get to call you mine. I will not hesitate to call off the wedding for you."

"As easy as this seems to you, it's not for me," I pointed out and a small frown grew on his face, "you don't understand?"

"No. I mean I get you're dumb enough to make impulse decisions if I tell you to, but why?" I clarified making him simply shrug before looking out of the window in his office and back at me.

"I think I've made it clear to you multiple times that I am in love, and no matter how many times I tried to fight off that feeling in any way it keeps coming back and I can't do nothing but to let it happen," he admitted making me slowly nod.

"May I ask a question?" I slowly questioned and he immediately nodded and gestured for me to go on, "have you never been in love before?"

"Not as I recall, no," he shook his head.

"Well... then how would you know if you're in love with me?" I questioned making him just stare at me for a few seconds before letting out a small sigh.

"Because I'm willing to give up everything I have, if it means you'll love me back for just one hour," he stated making me just look at him.

"And I appreciate that thought, but for now I do not love you," I shook my head at him.

"May I then ask a question?" he questioned with a small squint to his eyes.

"I can't really answer no, can I?" I sighed making him immediately shake his head at me.

"Why have you never denied it when I have kissed you?" he questioned and folded his hands under his chin.

"If you do recall it properly, I actually have," I defended making him just shake his head.

"You always started by kissing me back," he shook his head at me.

"You wanna hear it in all honesty?" I questioned and he immediately nodded at me, "I am confused! Okay? I don't know how I feel about you. I hate you for all you've said and done to me ever since I started working here. But I feel nice and warm whenever you're actually nice to me, and I don't wanna pull away when you kiss me. I don't understand what is happening to me."

"I'll give you time," he softly spoke making me just let out a sigh as I looked at him.

"I don't want time, I want to understand," I complained making a small amused smile grow on his face.

"I'll give you time, and when you don't want more time you give me your final answer, lets agree on that," Sunghoon stated making me slowly nod at him, "good... now... how about you go and plan that dinner meeting?"

"Of course," I nodded.

I let out a small frustrated sigh before turning on my heel and walking out of the office and marching down the hallways.