37

"Malekith is going to fire the Aether at a spot where all the nine worlds are connected," Jane explained.

"Amplifying the weapon's impact. With each additional world, the power will increase exponentially," Erik added. "The effect would be universal."

"Yes, well, the alignment is only temporary," Thor said. "He must be in exactly at the right place at the right time."

"Cepheid variables and spectral shades and neutron stars," Percy nodded, stroking his chin.

"What?" Selvig and Jane raised their eyebrows.

"Oh, I'm just trying to put a bunch of long words together to sound smart," he explained. "Please, continue."

Thor smiled and shook his head, happy to see that Percy was starting to act like himself again. Percy smiled back in return.

"Well, how do we know where that is? The right place at the right time, I mean," Darcy asked.

"We follow the directions. This has happened before, thousands of years ago, and The Ancients were there to see it," Selvig placed a map of Britain and Ireland on the table they were surrounding. "All the great constructions- the Mayas, the Chinese, the Egyptians, they made use of the gravitational effects of the Convergence... And they left us a map," he drew a few circles on the map in different places. "Stonehenge. Snowdon, the Great Orme. These are all coordinates taking us...." he pointed to another point on the map. "Here."

"Greenwich?" Ian asked, to which Erik nodded.

"The walls between worlds will be almost non-existent," Jane explained. "Physics is gonna go ballistic- increase and decrease in gravity, spatial extrusions. The very fabric of reality is gonna be torn apart."

Thor held out his hand, summoning Mjolnir from the coat hanger. Percy rolled his eyes and walked to said coat hanger, retrieving his cape and putting it back on, before walking back to the table. He took Riptide in pen form from his Pocket, twirling it in his fingers.

"I better get my pants," Erik said, walking away.

*

Percy struggled to his feet. He'd been trying to do this for a while now, find the strength to get out of here. But every injury he contracted just got rid of all his progress in a heartbeat. He had ambrosia in his backpack a few rooms away, he remembered. If he could get to that, he could get out of here.

He tried to visualise the backpack he'd been travelling with before Thanos took him. It was dark blue, he remembered, with a lot of pockets. There was some dry blood on it from the people he'd tortured to get information, but apart from that nothing really special. The ambrosia was in the front pocket, he remembered. If he could just get that open using what little moisture there was in the air...

He kept at it for a few hours, searching deep inside himself, barely any strength. If he could get that ambrosia...

Something cool and plastic crashed into his face. It feel to the ground as Percy lost concentration. He smirked. He'd gotten it.

*

"Alright, Percy," Thor said. "I want you to take down as many of Malekith's elves as possible. Knock them unconscious, restrain them, even kill them- do whatever it takes to keep them from assisting Malekith. Can you do that?"