ch.2

16 years later
january 3rd
omniscient •

"damari wake up i'm not going to tell you again" nique sighed as she left her sons room for the 3rd time this morning .

he was already late for school and he still didn't want to get up.

nique walked to her kitchen and grabbed a bowl filling it up with water before making her way back upstairs .

opening her sons room she chuckled seeing he was now up, picking out clothes "yo ass was bout to be drenched in water if you was still sleep" nique spoke .

"mom today a half day i might as well stay home" damari spoke as he looked up to his mother with pleading eyes .

"okay you can stay home" nique shrugged "yes" damari smiled as he sat back on his bed .

"but no playstation , and you not going outside with ya friends when they get out of school either .. AND you gotta come to the shop with me" nique spoke .

damari scoffed before getting back up .

"that's what i thought" nique chuckled .

it was hard raising a son on her own but she managed , after what happened with darius nique didn't let anymore men get close to her .

in the whole 16 years Q had been gone she has yet to get into an serious relationship, she had a friend with benefits who she called when she needed him but that was it .

after a few months of being down and out , worried about how Q was doing all day nique finally moved , she sold Q's old home and used that money to buy a shop, she turned it into a hair salon, that brung in a lot of money she then used to buy a house .

nique made friends with her neighbors and so did her son , she had established a nice life for herself which will soon change with Q getting out of prison soon.

nique was snapped out of her thoughts when hearing her son walking downstairs on the phone with someone .

"you look very handsome today" nique spoke. "mooooommm" damari rolled his eyes .

hearing a soft giggle coming from the phone nique raised her eyebrows "is that kaylin?" she asked smiling .

damari's jaw dropped as he hurried and hung up. "mom you can't be name dropping like that" damari spoke shaking his head .

"what? that wasn't kaylin?" she asked .

"no , but it was her bestfriend" damari spoke laughing .

"i swear you are just like yo daddy, you bet not have them girls fighting over you" nique spoke as she grabbed her keys .

"oh well, kaylin is too clingy it's annoying , i think i like her bestfriend more" damari shrugged .

"but you just told me you loved kaylin like last week" nique spoke .

she locked her house up behind them and unlocked her car doors .

"i know but things change"

nique shook her head remembering the puppy love she used to experience in highschool.

"just remember what i always tell you"

"yes to respect Women and her body blah blah blah"

nique cut her eyes at her son before turning the radio up and driving off from their home .

she wanted to teach her son to be a one woman man but she couldn't make him do anything he didn't want to do .

after getting her son some mcdonald's breakfast she dropped him off at school then returned home .

nique dug in her closet and grabbed the box of old letters she had from when Q used to write her .

he used to send letters every week untill she sent him one telling him she sold that home and to stop sending letters because she wouldn't be getting them anymore .

that was 13 years ago , it had been 13 years since she heard from Q. but his release date was always in the back of her head now that it got closer and closer .

nique sat down and started reading the letters .

———————

Thoughts ?💕