6❦

6

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

After I got my butt off the roof like the big angry man told me to, I was handed a large glass of ice water from Mrs Brown.

Confusion surrounding me and only getting thicker the more I try to make sense of it. "You look startled, honey." Olivia speaks, softly placing a hand on my shoulder.

Yeah I am startled, those guys came out of nowhere. I didn't even get to put on my 'I'm a big tough girl don't mess with me' attitude. I'm anything but a big tough girl and I know it, but strangers don't need to know that.

And those guys caught me so off guard, I'm pretty sure they saw me as the frightened girl I really am.

"It's ok, I just wasn't expecting anyone to go up there." I send her a shy smile.

Why do I feel so vulnerable right now? First they see me panicking last night, then those guys take me by surprise and now Mrs Brown is trying to comfort me. It's so weird.

I've somehow managed to drop my tough girl act, and I can't manage to pick it back up.

But I'm almost done here, then I can leave and I'll be back to my old self, never seeing any of them again.

"Sorry, dear. I should have told you I called them to help. The smaller one is my son, and the one who seems to be having a problem with his attitude right now, is his friend Blake." Blake, why does that name seem familiar?

"I don't mean to sound rude, but why did you call them? I was almost done." So close to being done in fact that the guys are now starting to bring everything down off the roof.

"I'll let them tell you that." She sighs.

The guys put the hose and ladder away and are now heading my way, rather slowly.

"Oh, I have to go get Ace. I'll be right back, make them work for it, honey." She hinted with a wink.

Work for it? Work for what? What the heck is going on? Mrs Brown scurried off into the house as the two guys stopped a few feet in front of me.

"Sorry." The big angry guy who I believe is Blake said, now not looking so angry and more nervous.

I was so startled on the roof that I just now am taking in his appearance. He's much taller than me with big muscles only making him seem larger, his chestnut brown hair sits messily on top of his head, and his steely blue eyes that are staring at me seem to be holding me captive.

"Why? I should be the one saying sorry to you. You guys got called to finish my job after all." I'm able to tear my gaze away from his serene eyes to look at the guy beside him.

I think he's the one who helped with the ladder last night, but last night was kinda blurry so I couldn't say for sure. His blond hair and blue eyes are the same I saw in the picture yesterday in the hall. He elbows Blake in the side gently.

"I don't think she knows what we did." He attempted to whisper, but I heard every word.

Then it all clicks in my head.

Isaiah is the name of the guy the man yesterday was trying to get back at, and also who Mrs Brown asked to get the ladder for me, and Blake is the name that was mentioned when she asked if Isaiah knew who did it, that's why when Mrs Brown said the name just minutes ago it sounded familiar.

These are the two responsible for me almost being late.

"Shoot, ah. I made a mistake last night, and I took the ladder thinking it was Isaiah up there. I really didn't know you were up there, but I should have checked and I'm sorry you got roped into our petty fight." Blake says, scratching the back of his neck nervously.