4❦

4

❦𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮❦

I knock on the door three times then take a step back and wait. A few moments later the door swings open as a smiling Mrs Brown appears.

"Oh thank goodness you're here. I was afraid that old man might have paid you to stay away from me just to piss me off." Mrs Brown grumbles the last part.

A smile makes its way onto my face at the thought.

"Come in, let's talk business." She gestures inside.

Once inside I look around, this place is gorgeous. Two stories with tall ceilings, dark floors, light walls and it's filled with beautiful furniture that must have cost a fortune.

"Come have a seat." She points to the seat across from her, a very white seat might I add. And I'm currently covered in dirt and grass.

"Oh, it's ok. I'll just stand. I don't want to get your furniture dirty." I bet it would cost hundreds to get a new cushion for it.

"Nonsense, I have a boy. Those cushions have removable covers and I have just about every stain removal formula you can find. Don't worry about it, have a seat." She laughs.

Shooting her a shy smile I go ahead and sit down. My butt sinks a good few inches into the couch and it almost feels like it's engulfing me, I haven't sat in something this comfy in a while.

"Thank you." I say as I sink even further into the couch.

"No problem dear. Now down to business, I really don't have that much for you to do, only the gutters like I mentioned before. It's quite high and the only way up is a ladder, but I have that along with everything else you would need. My son was supposed to do it weeks ago but he's been off hanging out with his friends and hasn't gotten around to it." She grumbled. "I would usually wait for him, but it's supposed to storm in the next few days, and the last time it rained the gutters were overflowing all over the place. I would just prefer that it gets taken care of now." She finished with a sigh.

Her son won't even help her with gutters? I wonder why? Maybe she's mean and he doesn't like her so he stays away.

I should be careful, angry ladies are not pleasant to deal with. "I can definitely take care of this problem for you. I could even do it right now, I have commitments later today, but I should be able to get it done before then." I smile at her.

Maybe if I keep smiling at her I won't see her bad side, it looks like they have a lot of money. And people with a lot of money can get away with murder. Especially if the victim was a homeless girl like me.

I sure hope I'm overthinking this, but I've seen some crazy stuff in my life. Maybe her gutters don't need to be cleaned, oh my gosh she probably doesn't have a son and all the stain removers she has is for the blood of the people she's killed!

"Oh that's perfect! I would love it if you could get started as soon as possible. Then I can use it against my son, get him home for dinner this weekend. He said no, but when I tell him I had to hire someone to do the work he promised to do, I bet you he'll come running over feeling guilty." She snickers. "Then I can stuff his face with my amazing cooking and he'll regret avoiding me all these weeks." She says with an evil glint in her eye.

I'm about to get murdered, I can just feel it. I left my stun gun in the back seat of Jack too, I'm such an idiot.

"Follow me, I'll show you where everything is, then I'll leave you to it." I nod my head wiping my sweaty palms on my overalls.