10 - New Girl on the Pitch

Tyler was glad it wasn't hot outside. If it was, he would sweat, especially inside his pink long-sleeve shirt. And sweat would make his makeup run. He would never admit it, but he liked the feel of it on his face. He found his new clothes comfortable as well. He still wasn't used to the whole situation, but he adjusted quicker than he anticipated. He didn't hate it, and that surprised him the most.

The girls were already out on the baseball diamond when he arrived. Alicia was already there. The best pitcher in the school, as she told him. Her posse of friends were standing alongside her. He did his best to remember their names. Amy, Florence, and Kelly.

Amy's skin was quite dark so her long, bleach-blonde hair created quite a striking look. Florence had red hair done in a pixie cut. Another striking look. Kelly, like Alicia, had long blonde hair, though she always had a pink ribbon placed in it. Even in her baseball uniform, the ribbon was there.

Tyler stepped onto the pitch and waved. Alicia didn't wave back, instead pointing her bat like a gun and pretending to shoot. Tyler went along and collapsed on all fours. Alicia and her group walked up to him.

'Read to play some baseball?' she said playfully.

'He's a dude,' Florence said in-between chewing a piece of gum. 'He can't play with us.' Alicia pulled her aside and began whispering. They giggled together. Something was going on. They walked back, bearing grins akin to the Cheshire Cat, though one that stunk of viler intentions.

'How about a little batting practice first?' Alicia said. Tyler rose and grabbed the bat from her hands.

'Glady,' he said.

'How good are you?' Kelly asked.

'The best back in my old high school.'

'Would you be willing to add stakes to this little...practice,' Amy said.

Tyler wasn't sure what she meant, but he didn't care. If it meant he could hit the ball sooner, he would agree to anything. He was always this impulsive. To a fault. Tyler had changed from his pumps to normal sports shoes for the club. He wasn't sure if he was allowed to, but nobody seemed to care. He was glad they didn't, those shoes were murdering his feet. But he was still energized. Baseball was HIS sport, and he wasn't about to let his sister and her friends beat him at it, what they had up their sleeve notwithstanding.

'Try and hit a home run, okay,' Alicia said. Tyler readied himself. He knew her pitches. She'd practiced with him many times before they were separated. He was ready. He had her beat. The ball whizzed past him before he even saw her move.

'One point to Alicia!' the catcher, Amy, yelled.

'What does that mean?' Tyler asked. His sister shook her head and readied another throw. Tyler watched her carefully. She caught him off guard the first time, but now he had her-

The ball whizzed past once again. 'Another point to Alicia!'

'What are these damn points!' Tyler yelled.

'You'll find out later, bitch!' Florence screamed from across the diamond. Tyler shuddered. Florence was scary and crass. His favorite type of girl.

'I'll go easy on you this time,' Alicia said as she winked. Tyler got ready again and raised his bat-

The ball zoomed past. 'Three points for Alicia! Two more for her and you lose, Tyler!'

'Lose what?' he screamed. 'What are we even playing for?'

'Don't ask me,' Amy said. 'I've got no clue.' The ball zoomed past him again.

'I wasn't ready that time!'