the misunderstanding - 2012! april x fem! reader

The misunderstanding - 2012! April x Fem! Reader

────────────────────

Request- randomgir675732727

Request is- "(Y/N)'s upset that April likes Donnie, because she has a crush April. But, everyone thinks (Y/N)'s upset because she likes Donnie- which isn't the case. While on the other hand, April's upset because she thinks (Y/N) likes Donnie."

────────────────────

You frown as you watch April and Donnie talk on the couch, April is a bit too close to him for your liking. You had came down to the lair to hang out with Raph and Mikey, but unfortunately also had to come across the scene before you.

"Dude, I feel bad for (Y/N)- she must be upset cause of how close April is next to Donnie.." Mikey sighs sadly, watching you frown and you try to not get caught walking them.

Raph nods, "Damn, why's Donnie's getting all the ladies anyway? That guys a total dork." Mikey laughs, although quickly returning serious, "You think we should help (Y/N) out?"

Raph thinks for a moment, before coming to a conclusion. "I've got some ideas on what to do, just back me up. But for now, let's just take her mind off of it."

Raph and Mikey move away from each other and go over to you, "(Y/N), let's go skateboarding for the rest of the night!" Mikey suggests, pulling you up from the couch and walking out with you and Raph.

April watches you as you get dragged out the sewers by the two boys. She quickly shakes her head and turns back to Donnie.

────────────────────

The next day, while you, Casey and April were in your last class of the day, Donnie realized he needed a hand with one of his experiments. He tried to get help from his brothers- but, they somehow found a way to get outta it.

"Guess I'll just ask April to come over when school's out..." Donnie sighed, walking back into the lair.

Raph quickly shoved Mikey's shoulder, causing
him to spring up, "Oh, I'll text her for you, Donnie!" Mikey pulled out his phone and began to type away.

"Uh, alright.." Donnie rolled his eyes and walked back into the lab.

Unknown to Donatello, Mikey had actually texted you instead.

Mikey 🧡🍕
'yo, (Y/N)! when schools out don needs help with an experiment. so come over dudette!'

You read the text message and shrugged. You replied that you would and sighed. It's not like you hated Donnie- you just...we're a bit upset that he got April's attention and you didn't.