Chapter Fourteen; Running

Nyx kept her act up as if she wasn't finished with her cup, slowly lowering her dagger from her arm before she twisted and let it fly at the intruder's face.

Captain America deflected the dagger with his shield, the blade embedding itself on the wooden door beside him.

Nyx yanked off her wig, throwing it at his face as she rushed to the back door of the apartment.

She didn't want to hurt him, not when he meant so much to Buck. But her safety was her priority.

Captain America felt his eyes widen as her red hair flew to his face, a hand smacking it away in surprise before he threw his shield in front of her, causing her to halt as she turned to glare at him.

"I don't know what you want but I'm not letting you take me anywhere." Nyx spoke for the first time,

"I just want to talk." Steve lifted his hands to signal that he didn't want to hurt her, innocence in his face.

"Where are your manners? You want to talk yet you break into my apartment." Nyx rose her chin as she grabbed the shield from its place against the wooden chair in front of her.

"I thought no one was home." Steve cringed as he knew now how it probably looked, add breaking and entering to his file.

Nyx searched his face for any threat, when she found nothing but sincerity, she handed him his shield hesitantly.

"If you are here for Bucky, then you are mistaken. He is not here." She lied because even though Steve meant her no harm, she still wouldn't trust him until he proved it.

Steve decided not to mention that he knew she was lying, instead choosing to mention, "We've met before, six years ago to be exact."

Nyx furrowed her eyebrows, not knowing what he meant.

Steve seemed to understand her silent question as he expanded, "You attacked a scientist working for Elisik Laboratory and left him in an alley in Atlanta before we bumped in the streets."

She had just turned the corner when she bumped into a wall, almost losing her footing but was lucky she caught herself from ass-smacking the concrete.

"Watch it." She barked; it was just an instinct to be defensive.

"I'm so sorry-"

Nyx moved around the blond male, not turning around as she pushed her hands into the pockets of her hoodie to protect them from the cold air.

"Ma'am-" The guy tried to call out for her again, but Nyx didn't dare to look back, not when she had left a body a couple of feet away from the tall guy. She was the only one that had exited that alley, he would know it had to be her who attack and robbed the guy.

She rushed down the streets, losing the guy as she twisted and rushed down the familiar alleys she had grown in, bursting out of one into the full and live streets of New York.

She panted before she yanked off her hoodie, tying it around her waist as she walked casually down the busy sidewalk with her head held down to protect her identity against the city's cameras.

Nyx's mouth opened wide as she remembered now, her eyes recognizing why he had seemed so familiar before.

"Ah yes." Nyx admitted, "I stole two bio components from them, that was the day I met you and Bucky."