Chapter Seven; Cycle

Five years later,

It was the same cycle in her life.

Train six whole days.

Fight against The Winter Soldier on the seventh day.

If she was needed for a mission, then get that done and come back for the briefing.

And if she were to fail at something throughout the week then go through the needle bath so they could modify what was wrong with her.

Repeat.

It was no surprise that she had muscles where once stood nothing but meat on her bones, scars covering the skin on her limbs from having the same needles inserted in the same place numerous times, her hair a tone darker from the lack of sun, while her once bright sky-blue eyes were now lacking emotions and filled with a darkness that force anyone she stared at.

She had developed Hydrokinesis and Atmokinesis from the substance that has been inserted repeatedly in her from the needle bath. She had also trained very hard in combat and weaponry under The Winter Soldier.

Nyx admitted that she had grown attached to him in a type of way, relating to how they were forced into slavery by HYDRA.

After one of his missions where he had fought Captain America, he had come back different, muttering how he thought his name was Bucky and that he knew the spangled hero somehow.

She had listened to him, hearing some of his memories in a trance of her own as she saw how even though he struggled to remember the guy- he still felt like he cared for the hero... or in this case, Steve Rogers.

When she had asked more, he snapped at her, saying that he couldn't remember anything more and how he felt sad.

That didn't last long though, HYDRA seemed to sense the change in Bucky, making him go through one of his treatments again. But Nyx had explained everything, and even though he was hazy, she made him remember the same memories after each treatment, so he didn't forget.

It was the least she could do... in exchange, Bucky helped her learn more and a way to control her abilities.

She wasn't controlled by words like him. But they have found her weakness to be a set of high frequencies that according to some of the scientists- only a few animals were able to hear. If she listened to it long enough, she losses consciousness, but her ears still bled every time she heard it.

Nyx was also fluent in German, and a few other languages thanks to Bucky teaching her. At least now she wasn't lost and out of the loop.

They had also named her Siren, but she was a ghost story for some. Because even though she was no Winter Soldier, she was still forced to kill whoever she was sent after and any witnesses.

Worse for her, most of the time she was forced to seduce and use her looks to her advantage, either to spy and get information out of, by torture or by seducing, it changed on the orders given to her. It was why they named her Siren.

She would have forgotten her real name if she didn't force herself to say it every morning inside her head, and because Bucky called her it- making her promise that she would do the same now that he knew his.