Rescue

I heard the glass shatter and all I could do was scream. Shots were being fired from out the window.

While the henchmen were faced with the shooters Aaron crawled behind me and for an instance I cursed, calling him a coward. I later felt the twine used in fastening my hands to the back loosen up before I discovered he was actually trying to save me.

Chris was hiding behind a table to avoid getting shot. Aaron was still holding me with his hands trying to draw me away from the gun battle.

We moved near the door closest to us but we're faced by Damian.

"And where do you think you are going?" he said pointing the gun at Aaron before firing.

"Shit." I heard Aaron exclaim between his teeth before falling to the ground on his butt. All the while, he still had his arms clinging to mine.

"Aaron! No!" I screamed. I wanted to touch him where he'd been shot but I feared I could do more damage.

"Let her go." Damian said pointing the gun at me.

"She has nothing to do with this. You've gotten what you want, can't you see it's over." Aaron told Damian.

"Release her." he demanded again with icy cold eyes.

"Everyone stop firing." I heard Chris shout and the gun fire stopped almost immediately.

Damian immediately grabbed me by the hands pulling me away from Aaron. Despite his struggle to keep me in his arms, I had to let go.

"Good boy," Damian said before pointing the gun to the back of my head, "everyone keep away or she gets it."

"Come on Damian, you've got what you want. What else do you want to do with Ella, let her go." Chris said frustratedly from behind the table he hid.

"Oh. She's my hostage. For safe passage." he said with a chuckle.

"Damian. Let her go." Aaron said weakly.

"Damian. Please. Enough of this, you've got what you wanted. Aaron is dying." I said with a prayer that he shouldn't shoot me right there.

"Does it look like I care?" Damian shouted at the back of my head, "let him die for all I care, he took everything away from me, his dad and him. Agreed, I wasn't the old man's legitimate son. But I deserved half. I worked my ass for that old fool, and all I could get in his will was 10 percent, fucking 10 percent."

"Damian, I understand how you feel believe me but it doesn't have to end like this."

"Oh it does my dear Ella, and it will... Dimitri! Get the car." he called.

Dimitri had been shot in the leg during the shootout, but he staggered to get to the exit of the factory to get the car started.

"Now come with me, nice and slow." Damian said, his hands on my neck, the other with the gun at the back of my head.

"Hey, Damian, how about us?" Ryan asked.

"I don't need either of you anymore."

"Yes! I knew it," Chris exclaimed, "I'm so getting that 5 grand." he said giving Aaron a look.

Such an idiot, I thought, Aaron was bleeding out and might die soon and he was concerned about a fucking bet.

"You can't do this to us." Susan said, her voice sounding like she wanted to cry.

"So sorry sweetheart, I just did." he said and pulled me out the back door with him.

"Damian, you'd pay for this, you'd go to hell for this." she screamed.