²¹ Interrogations

☆UNEDITED☆

Published on 6th February 2021, 2:20 pm, IST

²¹ Interrogations

"The cologne smells nice, Sirius

"The cologne smells nice, Sirius."

━━━━☆━━━━

☆    REMUS SQUINTED at the door in confusion.

    It had opened, but nobody was there.

    Sirius soon took the cloak off and stowed it under James' bed, not noticing the watchful eyes of Remus Lupin on him.

    "The cologne smells nice, Sirius," Remus said lowly, making Sirius freeze.

    "But I wonder why you'd put it on at this time of the night."

    Sirius gulped, turning to face him. "Remus! Moony! How're you doing this fine morning?"

    "Where have you been, Padfoot? I've been worried sick!"

    "Merlin, Moony!" Sirius laughed, nervously running a hand through his dark locks. "I just went to use the loo!"

    "For three hours?!"

    "I. . . Er, went to the kitchen afterwards!"

    "No, you didn't," Remus snapped. "If so, why would you be wearing cologne if you were going to the kitchens?"

    "Do you blame me for wanting to smell nice?"

    "Sirius!"

    "Fine!" Sirius snapped, burying his head in his hands, letting out a low groan. "I-" He sighed, "I was with Rin."

    No reaction.

    Sirius peeks through his finger to look at a frozen Remus.

    "Moony-?"

    Thump!

    "Rin?!" Remus whacked Sirius' head at the name. "James' sister! Really?! I thought I told you to let your feelings pass! James never really liked any boys around her, but he is going to be utterly pissed when he finds out you are with her! Merlin, does he know yet-"

    "No, he doesn't know yet!"

    "Well, then when are planning to tell him?!"

    "Sirius?" Remus frowned when he got no reply.

    "You're not going to tell him?! Sirius, James is going to find out eventually and is going to be royally pissed either way you tell him, but it's going to be a lot worse if he finds out you kept it a secret for a long time!"

    "I know, Remus." Sirius snapped. "But why can't I just be happy for some time? I love being with her, and. . . I'm not ready to let go of it."

    They stopped talking when Peter began to stir in his sleep.

    "We'll talk about this later." Said Remus. "But for now, let's get some sleep."

    Remus wasn't the only person who noticed their friend was gone in the middle of the night.

    Lily Evans was having trouble sleeping and was already half-awake when a loud sound occurred, followed by a string of curse words woke her up.

    Lily saw Rin exiting the room, but she didn't say anything.

    She was half tempted to follow Rin and even walked to the door, but she stepped on something, a strip of parchment.

    She returned to her bed and switched on her lamp to read it.

    Wait for me outside the fat lady portrait at midnight. Come alone and don't tell anyone.
S

    'Who was this 'S'?' Lily wondered. 'Is Rin seeing anyone secretly?'

    Whoever the note was from, Lily planned to get to the bottom of this mystery.

    But not now, though. Lily was rather tired, she hadn't slept peacefully in a while since the exams were near.

    So she got back in her bed and fell asleep, deciding to find out who this anonymous note sender was tomorrow.

━━━━☆━━━━

Since this chapter is short, I published another one

And, we need a ship name for Rin and Sirius?? They just had their first date and I think it's about time??

Kathu