³⁵ The Order Mission

UNEDITED

Published on 10th April 2021, 7:51 pm, IST

³⁵ The Order Mission

"But if today has taught me anything, it's that life is short"

━━☆━━

☆    OF COURSE, the order mission just had to be on the day he, Sirius was to propose to Rin.

    'Doesn't matter,' Sirius said to himself as he and Rin made their way to Diagon Alley at night 'There's still plenty of time.'

    They had received word from an unknown source that Diagon Alley was going to be attacked.

    So Dumbledore cleared out the building and sent Rin and Sirius to investigate what was to happen and defuse the situation.

    "This is ridiculous!" Sirius huffed angrily, his whole body sore from sitting in one position for too long. "It's been six hours! Nothing's going to happen!"

    "Damn, Sirius, what's wrong?" Rin asked. "You've been fidgety all evening!"

    "Nothing! It's just-"

    BOOM!

    Sirius and Rin turned to the voice at once, wands at the ready.

    The Aurora's Clothing building was on fire.

    People ran out of the building fast as hey could, but there were still others inside.

    Rin quickly sent a Patronus to the Order headquarters, requesting for backup.

    "Let's go!"

    Aguamenti was a hopeless spell, a small jet of water wouldn't suffice.

    "Metelolojinx!" Rin yelled, pointing her wand at the sky.

    A small cloud formed over the clothing store and started dropping water droplets on it.

    The fire died down a bit, but it wouldn't go away. But now Rin and Sirius could run inside to rescue the civilians.

    Backup arrived shortly after, along with a bunch of Aurors, for which everyone was thankful for.

    Soon, nearly everyone was taken outside to safety, thank Merlin!

    "Jack!" A woman cried, desperately trying to go into the burning building, but being held back by Aurors. "Where's my son?!"

    "It can't be helped, ma'am-"

    "MY ONLY SON-"

    "Your son is in there?" Rin heard the woman. "He's still trapped?"

    "He's my only child!" The woman sobbed. "He's just seven!"

    Rin contemplated her options. Apparation was not possible in this situation, the three Ds can't be focused on. The brooms the Aurors used were all charred.

    There was only one option.

    "I'm going in."

    "Rin! NO!"

    But Rin didn't listen. She ran into the building, armed with just a wand.

    Twenty minutes ticked by, still no sign of Rin.

    James and Sirius were nearly hysterical.

    But then they heard a loud scream, Rin's.

    James and Sirius froze, realizing what must've happened.

    Sirius dropped to his knees, his hands firmly clutching James'

    "Rin. . . she's gone."

    But suddenly a silhouette was visible, running towards them.

    It was Rin burned all over, holding a small child to her chest.

    "Jack!" The mother reunited with her son and gave Rin a big hug. "Thank you. . . thank you for saving my son's life."

    James ran to his sister's side as soon as she saw her, crying as he hugged her tightly, not letting go.

    But Sirius just stood there, a look of utter surprise on his face.

    Rin smiled slightly at his sight. "Hey, Sirius-mmph"

    Sirius interrupted her by kissing her soundly. He wrapped his arms around her waist, and Rin could feel the salty tears on Sirius' lips as she kissed him.

     "Marry Me," He mumbled against her lips.

    ". . .What?"

    Sirius pulled away from her and dug his hand into his pocket, pulling out a black velvet box. "Marry Me," He repeated.

    "Sirius-"

    "I know what you're going to say, we're too young, but if today has taught me anything, it's that life is short. And if I die-"

    "Sirius-"

    "-I don't want to spend the rest of that life, regretting that I didn't ask you to marry me. So-"

    "Sirius!'

"Yes, love?"

    "I was actually going to say yes."

    "Oh. Oh!"

    Sirius smiled and slipped the ring onto Rin's finger, ignoring James' whoops and cheers.

    The ring was a simple gold band with engraved patterns and a small ruby situated in the middle.

    "I call best man!"

    Rin and Sirius laughed gently and shared their first kiss as an engaged couple.

━━☆━━

Jgdhkfjffyd did I scare you?? You didn't really think that I'd let my baby Nessie die, huh?And this book is finally finished!!!I'll be posting the epilogue on Monday, and then the first few parts of the sequel!!

You didn't really think that I'd let my baby Nessie die, huh?
And this book is finally finished!!!
I'll be posting the epilogue on Monday, and then the first few parts of the sequel!!

Kathu