Chapter 40

Hellou! This is the last chapter before another rather long break between the next update. Enjoy and I'll see you soon! :)

.

.

.

You managed to walk to the couch and get seated on it. You noticed earlier that you were shaking, but you only cared now because you couldn't manage to tie your hair together, so you gave up and put your head in your palms, trying to breathe through. 

Instead, you ended up sobbing. 

You didn't even know why exactly. There were several reasons. For one, you were scared to think about what could've happened. Then you were angry that Woojin was an asshole. And that you didn't kick him one last time in the groin. Lastly, you were crying because Jungkook came just in time. But he wasn't here right now. You could hear him talking from the other room and just prayed that he'll keep this to himself. You'll find an excuse for your family later about why Woojin and you didn't work out. Right now, you didn't want to think about him. 

You wiped your tears in an attempt to stop crying before Jungkook got back, but it was to no use. You heard him close the door quietly - which was an achievement in itself as it was the loudest door in the whole house - and you knew he was just standing there. He was probably waiting for you to stop crying. 

But then he sat down next to you, careful not to get too close. 

"Do you want a hug?", he asked. 

After Woojin got that close to you, you didn't really want to get close to anybody for now. But it was Jungkook. And you were sure he would never harm you. Or at least you hoped. 

You nodded and he shuffled closer, wrapping his arms around you loosely. He rested his chin on your head and that was when you started crying again. It wasn't loud, it consisted of tears running down your face and your whole body shaking. 

For a moment, he didn't react. Then he hugged you tighter as if to squeeze the tears out of you. You stayed like that for what felt like an eternity when in reality it was probably only minutes. When you started hiccuping, he quietly got up and got you a cup of water. You thanked him and drank it. 

"Do you want to get out of here?"

You nodded before he even finished his sentence. You needed some fresh air. 

Jungkook told you to wait a minute until he gathered your things, which you were grateful for because you had no idea where you left anything. He came back with your phone and your purse. 

After you got into the car, you unlocked it to text your parents that something intervened and you had to leave. Instead, you saw several notifications. Two messages from Jungkook asking you how things are going and several missed calls from him. You glanced over to him and this time he was entirely focused on driving, probably to not give you any reasons to kick him in the balls too. 

You laid your head back and not against the window. You might be going through a situation right now, but you didn't want a head trauma that you were certainly going to get if you rested your head against the window. Jungkook might be focused on driving, but your brain would still be pudding if you did so. 

It took you a while to realize that you haven't passed the tunnel yet. And you should have long ago. 

"Where are we going?"

"To get ice cream."

That sounded... promising. And cute. You couldn't help a faint smile creeping up on your face.

About twenty minutes later you arrived at a frozen yogurt place that was rather large. Still, the music wasn't loud and the people were scattered around the whole place, talking to each other and eating colorful sprinkles. You looked at Jungkook and he gave you a careful smile, waiting if you would break out in tears again.

This must be what paradise looks like.

The ice cream part, of course. Not Jungkook.