Chapter 27

You arrived at the restaurant, and you didn't expect it to be a pizzeria.

It wasn't at all like Jungkook. It was a small place with barely enough space for ten people to sit down. Three people were waiting inside, probably waiting to get their order taken. You were dreading something high-class where you were supposed to act like a couple again.

"This looks nice!", you admitted.

Jungkook gave you a brief smile. "I used to go here with my brother. He's the one who showed me this place."

He opened the door and gestured you to go ahead.

"So it's kind of like your secret hideout, huh?"

"Hello Jungkook, haven't seen you here in a while", interrupted one of the three guys sitting at a table as soon as they saw him.

"Not so secret after all", he muttered, quiet enough so only you could hear him. He waved to the guys but didn't say anything in response. They got back to doing their thing, probably thinking it was a sign that he didn't want to be disturbed.

Or because they thought you were his date.

After the two of you ordered - and it didn't slip your attention that Jungkook ordered an extra-large coffee - he asked you:

"Just to clarify, you do know how to swim, right?"

You looked at him in confusion. "Yes, why?"

"Just wondering."

He was up to something. You took a quick look around, just to make sure that there was no lake he could've thrown you into. Was he planning on drowning you?

When you asked him again, he wouldn't answer, so you just let it rest, knowing that there would be no way he would say anything.

When you got your food, you ate quietly. It wasn't the weird silence as usual. Instead, it was almost soothing. 

"So how was your day with Hoseok?", he asked after a few minutes, trying to initiate conversation. 

You thought back at how your friend teased you all day about this dinner. 

It would be best not to mention that. 

"Pretty great! We watched some movies, talked a little about stuff. You know, the usual."

He hummed to let you know he was listening. "Did you talk to him about us?"

The way he worded it was so intimate that under any other circumstances it would sound like he cared.

You simply nodded. 

"Have you made your mind up about the honeymoon?"

You took your time to answer. It wasn't like you really had the time to make a decision, but you did think about it since he had asked you. You could sense that he was awaiting a certain 'yes' or 'no'-type of answer, but you couldn't give him what he wanted.

"Not yet," you finally said. Maybe you imagined it, but you could've sworn his shoulders sank a little when you answered. 

Still, he nodded, as if to show you he understood you needed time. "Please tell me by next Friday, I need to book the place in advance. If your answer is yes, of course."

You chatted about little things, and Jungkook seemed to open up about his daily life. For example, you noticed it was the first time he talked to you about things that happened in his office. He told you how he spilled coffee on himself and had to go to a meeting like that. Only now you saw that his shirt was indeed a different one than this morning. It was a minor detail, but you were glad he was comfortable talking about it. 

"So when am I going to meet your parents?"

"If you keep asking that, I might think you actually want to meet them."

He looked you in the eyes. "I want to. I bet they're really nice. And your brother seems fun."

"You already know Hoseok. Why do you need to know the rest?"

"Because you said your parents would love me."

Of course, it was because of that. You should've been more careful and shut your mouth. On the other side, you were just as curious about how they would react. Obviously, you wouldn't tell them you were married, they would never believe it. But what would they say when they found out he worked in the same company you wanted to get a position in for months? And you wanted to see how your brother would react. 

"Fine. Let's meet them next week," you said after a while. It could be fun. 

He looked at you like you just offered him a bag of candy. 

"Under two conditions."

"Anything."

You smiled. "One: we don't tell them we're married. And two: you'll have to act like a real boyfriend."

"Am I not doing that already?"

You shook your head. "You're acting like how you want the press to see you. Just act like you normally would. Otherwise, they won't believe it."

"Fine."

Maybe it was wrong to tell him to act like a boyfriend. You didn't know how he would act in a real relationship, after all. Maybe he was an odd creep. You should've probably told him to act like your boyfriend. But now it was too late. And something in Jungkook's face told you that he was going to take advantage of the situation.